|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Paragraphs 23-27 (Page 3).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the man have in his pocket that was big enough to pass a thief's head thorough?
(a) A wallet.
(b) A hole.
(c) A head wrap.
(d) A rolled up cap.
2. The tools used to repair the Iwegbu house were a blunt plan, a hammer and bent ___ nails.
3. How many more voices did Jonathan think he heard outside his house after the thief's offer?
(a) At least a half doxen.
(b) At least five.
(c) A lot.
4. After this demand what does the thief do?
(a) Try to open the door.
(b) Try to open a window.
(c) Push at the door.
(d) Knock heavier.
5. Jonathan begged the thief leader to ____ again and to hurry up and go.
(a) Have mercy.
(d) Find someone else.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who owns the old bicycle that Jonathan considers a miracle?
2. What did Maria sell to camp officials for extra food?
3. What is Jonathan's overall attitude or mood in the first paragraph of the story?
4. What did Jonathan find when he arrived?
5. Where did Jonathan collect to repair his house?
This section contains 200 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)