|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Paragraphs 7-9 (Page 2).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Jonathan accumulate this "pile"?
(a) Transporting food.
(b) Ferrying people.
(c) Pulling firewood.
(d) Selling palm wine.
2. How many years of civil war did Jonathan and his family survive?
3. What goes deep to Jonathan's heart?
(a) The survivor's greeting.
(b) The end of the war.
(c) The beginning of peace.
(d) The reason for the war.
4. What was peeping from the shoes of the person demanding Jonathan's bicycle?
(b) A pound note.
(c) A knife tip.
5. What was Jonathan's house made of?
(a) Mud bricks.
(c) Sheet metal.
Short Answer Questions
1. What had become a "mountain of rubble" two houses down?
2. How did Maria and the children feel when they moved back into the family house?
3. Where did Jonathan buy palm wine?
4. Why did Jonathan switch his money from his right to his left hand after he left the crowd?
5. On average how many pounds did Jonathan earn per day with his taxi service?
This section contains 200 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)