Mid-Book Test (up to A Plea for Captain John Brown)
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
Directions: Answer the question with a short answer.
1. Why does Thoreau blame the citizens of his state for slavery?
2. What does Thoreau think justifies violent force?
3. What state did Brown work hard to push his agenda before his attacks?
4. What does Thoreau say should be used to make important decisions in 'Civil Disobedience'?
5. What attribute does Thoreau say all men should have naturally in 'Slavery in Massachusetts'?
Short Essay Questions
Directions: Answer the questions with a short paragraph.
1. How did Thoreau say decisions in America...
This section contains 849 words|
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)