1. What is the main theme of 'Civil Disobedience'?
2. When does Thoreau say a citizen should disobey?
When the government is being immoral.
3. Why was Thoreau put in jail?
He refused to pay a tax.
4. What role does Thoreau challenge in 'Civil Disobedience'?
5. What kind of government does Thoreau describe in 'Civil Disobedience'?
6. How does Thoreau say a citizen should disobey?
7. What does Thoreau say the best government will NOT do in 'Civil Disobedience'?
This section contains 3,646 words
(approx. 13 pages at 300 words per page)