|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Life Without Principle.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What attribute does Thoreau say just men will have?
(a) All of these.
2. What part of man does Thoreau say government can NEVER manipulate?
(a) The physical part.
(b) The intelligent part.
(c) The moral part.
(d) The emotional part.
3. What did Thoreau say most media devices were striving to do?
(a) Make money.
(b) Gain approval.
(c) Appease the masses.
(d) Reflect the truth.
4. Who did Thoreau consider the real authority of Government, according to 'Slavery in Massachusetts'?
(a) The Constitution.
(b) The voters.
(d) The President.
5. Who was very friendly to Thoreau when he took his own advice in 'Civil Disobedience'?
(a) His incumbents.
(b) His neighbors.
(c) His cell mate.
(d) His family.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Thoreau begin 'A Plea for Captain John Brown'?
2. What did Thoreau say people in cities were trying to obtain in 'Life Without Principle'?
3. Where did Thoreau say men should get their guidance and direction from?
4. Where was Anthony Burns from?
5. What did Thoreau ask permission to do at the beginning of 'Walking'?
This section contains 200 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)