|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Life Without Principle.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Thoreau say people should consider themselves inhabitants of?
(c) Their bodies.
2. What holiday did Thoreau give 'Slavery in Massachusetts' on?
(a) Valentine's Day.
(c) Independance Day.
3. What does Thoreau say government accomplishes in 'Civil Disobedience'?
(a) Changing the ideals.
(b) Motivating the citizens.
(c) Regulating trade.
4. Where was Edward Loring from?
(b) Washington D.C.
5. How did Thoreau say most men were choosing their work?
(a) By what he loves.
(b) By what is popular.
(c) By what he is good at.
(d) By what makes money.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Thoreau praise most about Brown?
2. What did Thoreau compare what Nature revealed to man to?
3. Where in the U.S. was Thoreau most interested in the slavery debate?
4. What did Thoreau say was not the best use of a man's time in 'Life Without Principle'?
5. What about Brown did Thoreau think was misunderstood at the time?
This section contains 188 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)