|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Life Without Principle.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Thoreau begin 'Civil Disobedience'?
(a) He relates an experience.
(b) He gives a motto.
(c) He cites a scripture.
(d) He reads a poem.
2. What did Thoreau say law would never do for man?
(a) Keep men safe.
(b) Set him free.
(c) Govern him.
(d) Repress bad men.
3. What did Brown seize in his attack?
(a) The flotilla.
(b) The arsenal.
(c) The capitol.
(d) The Confederate Army.
4. What kind of walls did Thoreau say men should break down?
(a) Artificial Walls.
(b) Retaining Walls.
(c) All Walls.
(d) Barrier Walls.
5. What were Abolitionists against?
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Thoreau deliver his speech about Brown?
2. How did Thoreau describe his thesis in 'Walking'?
3. What did Thoreau say his walks always had?
4. What kind of issue did Thoreau say slavery was?
5. How did Thoreau feel about the people who teased him when he took his own advice in 'Civil Disobedience'?
This section contains 187 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)