|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Walking.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Thoreau say he is NOT in 'Civil Disobedience'?
(a) A socialist.
(b) A democrat.
(c) An anarchist.
(d) A monarchist.
2. Who did Thoreau consider the real authority of Government, according to 'Slavery in Massachusetts'?
(a) The President.
(c) The voters.
(d) The Constitution.
3. What state did Brown work hard to push his agenda before his attacks?
4. What kind of walls did Thoreau say men should break down?
(a) Barrier Walls.
(b) All Walls.
(c) Artificial Walls.
(d) Retaining Walls.
5. How did Brown come to have a trial?
(a) He was wounded.
(b) He was betrayed.
(c) He turned himself in.
(d) He was captured.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Thoreau describe the attack made to free Burns?
2. Where did Thoreau say he saw a greater disregard for slavery in the country?
3. What role does Thoreau challenge in 'Civil Disobedience'?
4. What does Thoreau say should be used to make important decisions in 'Civil Disobedience'?
5. What did Thoreau say people did wrong when writing the word nature?
This section contains 195 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)