|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Walking.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Brown's sentence when he was tried in court?
(c) A heavy fine.
(d) Life in prison.
2. What kind of issue did Thoreau say slavery was NOT?
3. What did Thoreau say Massachusetts was supporting in 'A Plea for Captain John Brown'?
4. What does Thoreau say the best government will NOT do in 'Civil Disobedience'?
5. What word did Thoreau use to describe the holiday that is being celebrated when he was delivering, 'Slavery in Massachusetts'?
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Thoreau describe his thesis in 'Walking'?
2. What does Thoreau say he is NOT in 'Civil Disobedience'?
3. What did Thoreau say the government considered its only authority according to 'Slavery in Massachusetts'?
4. How did Thoreau begin 'A Plea for Captain John Brown'?
5. What did Thoreau say most people were trying to do to nature?
This section contains 195 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)