|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Walking.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What direction did Thoreau prefer to walk in?
2. What did Thoreau think should be made illegal in Massachusetts?
(b) Returning slaves to their rightful owners.
(c) Objecting the popular opinion.
(d) Printing without permission.
3. What was Brown trying to fight with his attack?
4. What was Anthony Burns's occupation?
5. How does Thoreau say a citizen should disobey?
(a) Move away.
(b) Speak out in public.
(c) Withdraw support.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Thoreau call the congressional act that was discussed at the meeting he was asked to speak at before giving his speech, 'Slavery in Massachusetts'?
2. In 'Civil Disobedience', what does Thoreau say a just man will not wait for?
3. What kind of walls did Thoreau say men should break down?
4. When does Thoreau say a citizen should disobey?
5. What part of man does Thoreau say government can NEVER manipulate?
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)