|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Walking.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What word does Thoreau use to describe his walks?
2. Why was Thoreau put in jail?
(a) He said something rude to a police officer.
(b) He was drunk in public.
(c) He refused to pay a tax.
(d) He freed a slave.
3. In what state did Brown's attack take place?
4. Who did Thoreau compare Brown to?
(a) Martin Luther.
(c) King Henry.
5. What was Edward Loring's occupation?
(a) Police Officer.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of the town where Brown's attack took place?
2. What did Thoreau say he was grateful to not have to worry about while walking?
3. Who was very friendly to Thoreau when he took his own advice in 'Civil Disobedience'?
4. What month did Brown lead his attack?
5. What word did Thoreau use to describe the holiday that is being celebrated when he was delivering, 'Slavery in Massachusetts'?
This section contains 176 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)