|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through A Plea for Captain John Brown.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was very friendly to Thoreau when he took his own advice in 'Civil Disobedience'?
(a) His family.
(b) His incumbents.
(c) His cell mate.
(d) His neighbors.
2. What does Thoreau say government needs to have authority?
3. What did Thoreau label the governor of his state?
(a) All of these.
(b) Slow to action.
4. Who did Thoreau say was running the military force in Massachusetts?
5. How did the attackers trying to free Burns plead in their trial?
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of meeting was Thoreau asked to speak at before giving his speech, 'Slavery in Massachusetts'?
2. What attribute does Thoreau say all men should have naturally in 'Slavery in Massachusetts'?
3. Where in the U.S. was Thoreau most interested in the slavery debate?
4. In 'A Plea for Captain John Brown', who did Thoreau say the political parties were serving?
5. Who does Thoreau say should provide what government needs for them to have authority?
This section contains 200 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)