|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Life Without Principle.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Thoreau think justifies violent force?
(a) A just reason.
(b) A greater cause.
(c) A public forum.
(d) A last resort.
2. How did Thoreau say med should treat the government when acting immorally in 'Slavery in Massachusetts'?
(a) With logic.
(b) With compassion.
(c) With obedience.
(d) With contempt.
3. What did Thoreau compare what Nature revealed to man to?
4. What did Thoreau say media devices should have been doing?
(a) Appeasing the masses.
(b) Reflecting the truth.
(c) Making money.
(d) Gaining approval.
5. What kind of issue did Thoreau say slavery was NOT?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many men followed Brown in his attack?
2. What did Thoreau say the government considered its only authority according to 'Slavery in Massachusetts'?
3. Where did Thoreau say most men got their direction and guidance from?
4. What does Thoreau hope to inspire men to do after 'Civil Disobedience'?
5. What did Thoreau say all critics of Brown lacked?
This section contains 176 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)