|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Life Without Principle.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Brown seize in his attack?
(a) The Confederate Army.
(b) The capitol.
(c) The arsenal.
(d) The flotilla.
2. What about Brown did Thoreau think was misunderstood at the time?
(a) His methods.
(b) His leadership.
(c) His reasonings.
(d) His intentions.
3. What was illegal in Massachusetts?
(b) Printing without permission.
(c) Returning slaves to their rightful owners.
(d) Objecting the popular opinion.
4. What did Thoreau say could never be found quickly in 'Life Without Principle'?
5. What did Thoreau say made men innocent in 'Slavery in Massachusetts'?
(a) Doing what is right.
(b) Being educated.
(c) Appeasing the officials.
(d) Following the law.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Thoreau like to have with him on his walks?
2. Where did Thoreau say people should consider themselves inhabitants of?
3. What is used to restore order when people try to free Burns?
4. What word did Thoreau use to describe the holiday that is being celebrated when he was delivering, 'Slavery in Massachusetts'?
5. Where did Thoreau say people were not really inhabitants of?
This section contains 188 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)