|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Slavery in Massachusetts.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was very friendly to Thoreau when he took his own advice in 'Civil Disobedience'?
(a) His neighbors.
(b) His family.
(c) His incumbents.
(d) His cell mate.
2. What does Thoreau say the best government will NOT do in 'Civil Disobedience'?
3. What attribute does Thoreau say all men should have naturally in 'Slavery in Massachusetts'?
4. What did Thoreau say the issue of slavery was doing to his state?
(a) Immoralizing it.
(b) Capitulating it.
(c) Desensitizing it.
(d) Polarizing it.
5. How does Thoreau describe the attack made to free Burns?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Thoreau say is not always found in the majority?
2. Where was Edward Loring from?
3. What word did Thoreau use to describe the holiday that is being celebrated when he was delivering, 'Slavery in Massachusetts'?
4. Where was Anthony Burns from?
5. What was Edward Loring's occupation?
This section contains 165 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)