|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Slavery in Massachusetts.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In 'Civil Disobedience', what does Thoreau say a just man will not wait for?
(a) An opportunity.
(b) A favorable choice.
(c) A leader.
(d) A majority.
2. What state was Thoreau from?
3. What holiday did Thoreau give 'Slavery in Massachusetts' on?
(b) Valentine's Day.
(d) Independance Day.
4. How did Thoreau say med should treat the government when acting immorally in 'Slavery in Massachusetts'?
(a) With contempt.
(b) With compassion.
(c) With obedience.
(d) With logic.
5. How did Thoreau feel about the people who teased him when he took his own advice in 'Civil Disobedience'?
(a) He respected their opinions.
(b) He was surprised at their reactions.
(c) He hated them.
(d) He thought them to be ridiculous.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened to Thoreau when he took his own advice given in 'Civil Disobedience'?
2. What is used to restore order when people try to free Burns?
3. What does Thoreau say soldiers are expected to do?
4. What does Thoreau hope to inspire men to do after 'Civil Disobedience'?
5. What kind of government does Thoreau describe in 'Civil Disobedience'?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)