|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Slavery in Massachusetts.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where in the U.S. was Thoreau most interested in the slavery debate?
2. What was Anthony Burns's occupation?
3. What attribute does Thoreau say all men should have naturally in 'Slavery in Massachusetts'?
4. What is the main theme of 'Civil Disobedience'?
(a) Religion in politics.
(b) Appropriate places to disobey.
(c) The role of politics.
(d) Moral responsibility.
5. What kind of government does Thoreau describe in 'Civil Disobedience'?
(a) A republic.
(b) A democracy.
(c) A monarchy.
(d) A socialist nation.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Thoreau describe the rulers of the country in 'Slavery in Massachusetts'?
2. In 'Civil Disobedience', what does Thoreau say a just man will not wait for?
3. Where was Anthony Burns from?
4. What does Thoreau say soldiers are expected to do?
5. How does Thoreau describe the attack made to free Burns?
This section contains 168 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)