|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through A Plea for Captain John Brown.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Thoreau say the best government will NOT do in 'Civil Disobedience'?
2. How many men followed Brown in his attack?
3. What were Abolitionists against?
4. What kind of government does Thoreau describe in 'Civil Disobedience'?
(a) A monarchy.
(b) A socialist nation.
(c) A democracy.
(d) A republic.
5. What word did Thoreau use to describe the holiday that is being celebrated when he was delivering, 'Slavery in Massachusetts'?
Short Answer Questions
1. What state did Brown work hard to push his agenda before his attacks?
2. Where in the U.S. was Thoreau most interested in the slavery debate?
3. What was attacked when Anthony Burns was in custody?
4. What month did Brown lead his attack?
5. Why did Thoreau think most people had the wrong idea about Brown?
This section contains 170 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)