|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the creature in "Tale 7" come to Earth?
2. Who writes "The Myth of Man"?
3. In "Tale 5", who tells Tyler that Joe is in the house?
4. In "Tale 7", why does Jenkins go to the mutants for help?
5. What did the vault and wheels in "Tale 6" used to be?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Peter feel about his bow and arrow?
2. What does Ebenezer debate before chasing rabbits?
3. How does Oscar help Jon in "Tale 6"?
4. How does Trowser react to Ken wanting to return to the dome and convert back?
5. What does Jenkins discover at the mutant's castle in "Tale 7"?
6. What problems arise in "Tale 7" when the world is largely free of killing?
7. In "Tale 6", what is happening in Geneva?
8. Why does Jon want to keep people from leaving Geneva?
9. In "Tale 4", what do Ken Fowler and Miss Stanley argue about?
10. In "Tale 5", what does Ken think about when he considers returning to the dome?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is symbolic about the mutants? What do they represent? Why are they included in this novel?
Essay Topic 2
Explore the theme of decline in "City".
Essay Topic 3
Research the author and explain the impact of the author's life on this novel.
This section contains 645 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)