|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Miss Stanley do for a living?
2. In "Tale 5", what advice does Trowser give Ken about using the converter?
3. Why does Jenkins want to erase the Dogs' memories?
4. Why does Tyler buy a kaleidoscope?
5. In "Tale 5", who tells Tyler that Joe is in the house?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is a friendship with wolves beneficial for the Dogs?
2. What problems arise in "Tale 7" when the world is largely free of killing?
3. How does Oscar help Jon in "Tale 6"?
4. What changes happen to Ken Fowler after he becomes a Loper?
5. In "Tale 5", what does Tyler talk about at his press conference?
6. In "Tale 6", what is happening in Geneva?
7. How does Peter win the fight against the cobbly in "Tale 7"?
8. In "Tale 4", what do Ken Fowler and Miss Stanley argue about?
9. Why does Jon want to keep people from leaving Geneva?
10. In "Tale 5", what does Ken think about when he considers returning to the dome?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explore the theme of isolationism as it is presented in "City".
Essay Topic 2
What is role of robots in "City"?
Essay Topic 3
How does the author use long descriptive passages in this novel? What makes these effective? What makes them ineffective? How do they relate to the themes of the novel?
This section contains 671 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)