|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the Preface, what animal is said to compete with Dogs for control?
2. In "Notes 2", what do the Dogs say they find familiar about "Tale 2"?
(a) The robots.
(b) The love.
(c) The buildings.
(d) The fear.
3. Why does Grant take an atomic gun into the woods in "Tale 3"?
(a) To defend himself.
(b) To hunt mutants.
(c) To kill off Dogs.
(d) To try to start a fire.
4. What advancements has Jerome helped the martians with?
5. What job does Henderson have?
(a) Mayor of a Martian city.
(b) Professor of space travel.
(c) President of the World Committee.
(d) Jerome's boss.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Tale 2", what upsets Jerome about Thomas?
2. In "Tale 1", what do Gramps and Henry talk about?
3. How does Gramps know Henry Adams?
4. In "Tale 3", why does the Webster family watch Thomas' health?
5. What does the editor say each Tale starts with?
Short Essay Questions
1. In the Preface, what purpose do the tales the Dogs share serve?
2. In "Tale 1", what problem does Johnny have with Levi?
3. In the Preface, how are the Dogs' tales shared?
4. In the Preface, how do Dogs view man?
5. At the end of "Tale 3", what does Grant ask of Nathaniel?
6. What happens during the city council meeting in "Tale 1"?
7. How does Nathaniel help Grant in "Tale 3"?
8. In "Notes 1", what does Tigre think of the tales?
9. How do Dogs understand robots?
10. In "Tale 2", what does the funeral make Jerome think about?
This section contains 635 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)