|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Dogs tell stories to their pups?
(a) At home before bedtime.
(b) In schools.
(c) Each night at dinner.
(d) Around a campfire.
2. How does Jerome feel about the decline of the city?
(a) He enjoyes it.
(b) He is remorseful about it.
(c) He doesn't think of it.
(d) He is angry about it.
3. Where does Ole sell his vegetables?
(a) In town.
(b) On his farm.
(c) Out of his truck.
(d) On Gramps' front yard.
4. What skills help the Dogs to become a master race?
(a) Physical skills.
(b) Literacy skills.
(c) Building skills.
(d) Math skills.
5. In "Tale 3", what is the purpose of the census?
(a) To see who is left on Earth.
(b) To compare Earth's population to Mars'.
(c) To watch the people living in the woods.
(d) To predict the future population.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does "Notes 1" say exists instead of Dogs?
2. In the Preface, who does the editor say narrates the notes in this novel?
3. What does Juwain do for a living?
4. What does Bounce believe the purpose of cities are?
5. In "Tale 1", what has happened to the streets?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Grant feel about talking to Dave Baxter?
2. How does Gramps help with a solution to all the empty houses?
3. In the Preface, what is described as the main idea of "City"?
4. What happens during the city council meeting in "Tale 1"?
5. What is the tone of the Preface?
6. What does Grant learn about mutants in "Tale 3"?
7. How do Dogs feel about traveling between planets?
8. In the Preface, what purpose do the tales the Dogs share serve?
9. In the Preface, what human concepts are said to be lost on the Dogs?
10. How do Dogs understand robots?
This section contains 667 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)