|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the Preface, what does the editor say some Dogs view the stories as?
(a) Wastes of time.
(b) Creation myths.
(d) History lessons.
2. What does traveling to Jupiter do to Earth's population?
(a) It begins a period of starvation.
(b) It frightens it.
(c) It creates a baby boom.
(d) It decreases it.
3. What is strange about the anthill that Dave tells Grant about?
(a) It is taller than a man.
(b) It has a greenhouse.
(c) It has electricity.
(d) People live inside it.
4. What gives the Dogs a chance to better their population?
(a) More places to hide while they work.
(b) The medicine they have stored up.
(c) Help from humans.
(d) A decline in the amount of humans.
5. In "Notes 1", which Dog believes the tale might be true?
6. In "Tale 3", where does Nathaniel invite Grant?
(b) In his house.
(d) Out to dinner.
7. In the Preface, what does the editor say has the biggest impact on humanity in the Cities?
(b) Creation of wealth.
8. How does Jerome first turn down the chance to perform Juwain's surgery?
(a) He says he is ill too.
(b) He says he can't leave the house.
(c) He says he doesn't have the money to travel.
(d) He says he has other plans.
9. In the Preface, who does the editor say narrates the notes in this novel?
10. In the Preface, what does the editor say about the Cities in this novel?
(a) They are a mystery to all.
(b) They suffer a decline.
(c) They are attacked.
(d) They are subjected to disease.
11. How does Juwain feel about meeting Thomas?
(a) He is nervous.
(b) He is angry.
(c) He is excited.
(d) He is disappointed.
12. Why does Henderson insist on Jerome performing surgery on Juwain?
(a) To show he can control Jerome.
(b) To save Juwain's philosophy.
(c) To bring honor to his department.
(d) To become famous.
13. In "Notes 1", why does Rover believe Dogs can't understand the tale?
(a) They don't really listen to the message.
(b) They only understand harmony.
(c) The tale is in a different language.
(d) The vocabulary is too difficult.
14. In "Tale 3", what does Thomas tell Grant he used to try to build?
(a) A robot Dog.
(b) A solar powered house.
(c) An underground city.
(d) A spaceship.
15. What does "Notes 1" say exists instead of Dogs?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the editor say the hardest part of reading the Tales is?
2. How do most Dogs feel about travel between planets?
3. Why don't Dogs know where robots come from?
4. Where does Juwain live?
5. What does Grant do before going to bed the night he meets the Websters?
This section contains 506 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)