|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the Preface, what does the editor say about the Cities in this novel?
(a) They are subjected to disease.
(b) They suffer a decline.
(c) They are attacked.
(d) They are a mystery to all.
2. Where does Juwain live?
3. In "Tale 2", what upsets Jerome about Thomas?
(a) He isn't going back to school.
(b) He is moving to Mars.
(c) He's selling the family estate.
(d) He doesn't have a job.
4. Who calls Jerome to tell him Juwain is ill?
5. What does Juwain do for a living?
(a) He is a dentist.
(b) He is a philosopher.
(c) He is a doctor of medicine.
(d) He is a pscyhologist.
6. In "Tale 2", why don't people have to leave their houses?
(a) Because of the robot servants.
(b) Because of their televisions.
(c) Because of the delivery services.
(d) Because of the dial-in room.
7. Who interrupts Jerome while he is reading in "Tale 2"?
8. Why does Grant take an atomic gun into the woods in "Tale 3"?
(a) To kill off Dogs.
(b) To defend himself.
(c) To hunt mutants.
(d) To try to start a fire.
9. What does the editor say the hardest part of reading the Tales is?
(a) Figuring out the truth.
(b) Dealing with the language.
(c) Not being afraid.
(d) Understanding the symbols.
10. What is unique about Joe's appearance?
(a) He keeps his face covered.
(b) He gets younger each year.
(c) He wears all green.
(d) He doesn't seem to age.
11. In "Tale 1", what has happened to the streets?
(a) They are covered with weeds.
(b) They were repaved.
(c) They were redesigned.
(d) They are all privately owned.
12. Why does Bruce want to create eyeglasses for Dogs?
(a) So they can see at night.
(b) So they can have sunglasses.
(c) So they can look smarter.
(d) So they can see well enough to read.
13. What book does Jerome read in "Tale 2"?
(a) One about Martian climate.
(b) One about Martian psychology.
(c) One about Martian history.
(d) One about Martian crime.
14. What does Grant do before going to bed the night he meets the Websters?
(a) He decides to return home the next day.
(b) He buys his own robot.
(c) He looks over his paperwork.
(d) He says a prayer.
15. In the Preface, how do Dogs feel about war?
(a) The concept confuses them.
(b) They are hungry for it.
(c) They avoid it.
(d) They analyze it excessively.
Short Answer Questions
1. What job offer does Johnny receive in "Tale 1"?
2. In "Tale 3", what does Grant do when he realizes Nathaniel is talking to him?
3. Why don't Dogs know where robots come from?
4. In "Tale 3", who does Grant question about the people who live in the woods?
5. In the Preface, what is discovered that makes the tales more likely to be true?
This section contains 504 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)