|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Juwain live?
2. Why does Bounce say that "Tale 3" is a favorite among Dogs?
(a) Because it's the first to mention Dogs.
(b) Because it doesn't mention war.
(c) Because it is about mutants.
(d) Because it's about food.
3. What is strange about the anthill that Dave tells Grant about?
(a) People live inside it.
(b) It has electricity.
(c) It has a greenhouse.
(d) It is taller than a man.
4. What does Bounce believe the purpose of cities are?
(a) They are just a made-up story.
(b) They are used to trick people.
(c) They are the centers of civilization.
(d) They are meant to be a prison.
5. In the Preface, what does the editor say about the Cities in this novel?
(a) They are a mystery to all.
(b) They are attacked.
(c) They suffer a decline.
(d) They are subjected to disease.
6. In "Tale 3", what power of the Dogs does Grant learn about?
(a) Super-human strength.
(b) Psychic ability.
(c) Ability to fly.
(d) Superior math skills.
7. In "Tale 3", who fixes Grant's broken atomic gun?
(b) A mutant.
(c) He does it himself.
(d) An unnamed Dog.
8. Why does Johnny have a problem with where Levi is living?
(a) Because it's too far away.
(b) Because it needs to be painted.
(c) Because he is squatting there.
(d) Because he built it himself.
9. What does Bruce believe will happen if humans and Dogs work side-by-side?
(a) They will start wars between them.
(b) They will come up with new philosophies.
(c) They will save the cities.
(d) They will be more financially productive.
10. What book does Jerome read in "Tale 2"?
(a) One about Martian history.
(b) One about Martian climate.
(c) One about Martian crime.
(d) One about Martian psychology.
11. In "Notes 1", which Dog believes the tale might be true?
12. Who calls Jerome to tell him Juwain is ill?
13. How does Jerome first turn down the chance to perform Juwain's surgery?
(a) He says he doesn't have the money to travel.
(b) He says he is ill too.
(c) He says he can't leave the house.
(d) He says he has other plans.
14. How does Gramps know Henry Adams?
(a) He buys produce from him.
(b) They lived next door to each other.
(c) He met him at the store.
(d) He knew his grandfather.
15. At the end of "Tale 1", what happens to the empty buildings and houses?
(a) They are updated.
(b) They are turned into memorials.
(c) They are burned.
(d) They are sold to a different country.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the editor say each Tale starts with?
2. How does Bruce help the Dogs in "Tale 3"?
3. In the Preface, what does the editor say some Dogs view humans as?
4. What skills help the Dogs to become a master race?
5. What is the editor's point of writing the Preface?
This section contains 520 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)