|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does an Indian hunter never eat?
(a) The flesh of an animal killed by another.
(b) The flesh of his own victim.
(c) Food cooked by enemies.
2. Why does Nadia refuse to stay behind when the expedition departs?
(a) She wants to stay with Alex.
(b) She is afraid of Mauro Carias.
(c) She wants to be near her father.
(d) She wants to have an adventure.
3. How does Kate overcome Ludovic Leblanc's objection to Nadia coming on the expedition?
(a) Kate threatens a lawsuit.
(b) Kate hires Nadia as her personal assistant.
(c) Kate stages a sit-down strike until Nadia is accepted.
(d) Kate refuses to go unless Nadia comes as well.
4. What is Kate's advice when she learns of the conspiracy to kill the Indians?
(a) Turn back.
(b) Arm yourselves.
(c) Capture Mauro Carias' representatives.
(d) Watch and wait.
5. How does Nadia summon Walimai?
(a) By blowing into the amulet he gave her.
(b) By sending a message tied to a bird.
(c) By telelpathic communication.
(d) By screaming in fear.
Short Answer Questions
1. What women are in Mauro Carias' compound?
2. What does Alex do with his glasses when he confronts the jaguar?
3. How are the huts in the Indian village connected with one another?
4. What do the Indians believe started life on earth?
5. What skill does Nadia claim in addition to her multilingualism?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do the People of the Mist look like?
2. What response do Nadia and Alex get when they warn adults about the conspiracy to eradicate the Amazon Indians?
3. How do the kidnapping People of the Mist treat Alex differently than Nadia?
4. Why does Alex believe that his sister Nicole would agree with Nadia's idea that the Beast should be spoken with?
5. Who are the People of the Mist?
6. What worries Nadia and Alex about Karakawe's activities?
7. What unexpected injury does Alex sustain while waiting to be rescued and how does it affect him?
8. Why are the travelers unable to move after their boat disappears?
9. How does Omayra Torres plan to persuade the Indians to accept vaccinations?
10. Why is Nadia convinced that Karakawe is Mauro Carias' co-conspirator?
This section contains 909 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)