|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Alex surprised when he sees Tepuis, the home of the Gods?
(a) He had seen it in a dream.
(b) It was more beautiful than he expected.
(c) It was smaller than he expected.
(d) It was cleverly concealed.
2. What does Nadia say the jaguar is for Alex?
(a) His totemic animal.
(b) His look-alike.
(c) His nemesis.
(d) His dark side.
3. What attacks Joel Gonzalez?
(a) A fresh water shark.
(b) A school of piranhas.
(c) A caiman.
(d) An anaconda.
4. What is a papagayo?
(a) A fish.
(b) An exotic bird.
(c) A turtle.
(d) A snake.
5. Who does Alex see in vision?
(a) His father.
(b) His mother.
(c) Cecilia Burns.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of death does Kate say is preferable to others?
2. What does Alex say must be conquered before conquering a mountain?
3. What brings Nadia the respect of the People of the Mist?
4. How does Kate overcome Ludovic Leblanc's objection to Nadia coming on the expedition?
5. Why do the Mormon missionaries turn back from the expedition?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Ludovic Leblanc estimate the size of the Indian villages?
2. What unexpected injury does Alex sustain while waiting to be rescued and how does it affect him?
3. Why does Alex believe that his sister Nicole would agree with Nadia's idea that the Beast should be spoken with?
4. How does Omayra Torres plan to persuade the Indians to accept vaccinations?
5. What does Alex do to demonstrate his courage to the kidnappers, and what is the effect of his demonstration?
6. Why is Nadia convinced that Karakawe is Mauro Carias' co-conspirator?
7. How are Alex's mother and Nadia's mother alike?
8. Why do the efforts of the expedition to lure the Indians with gifts and trinkets fail?
9. Why do the People of the Mist keep boa constrictors as pets?
10. Why are watches and compasses of little use in the Amazon jungle?
This section contains 765 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)