|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What attacks Joel Gonzalez?
(a) An anaconda.
(b) A fresh water shark.
(c) A caiman.
(d) A school of piranhas.
2. What kind of death does Kate say is preferable to others?
(a) Being murdered.
(b) Falling from a waterfall.
(c) A heart attack.
(d) Dying peacefully at home.
3. What keeps Mokarita from being killed when he falls?
(a) A braided liana vine.
(b) Quick thinking.
(c) A root.
(d) A ledge.
4. What does Alex fight in his initiation to manhood?
(a) A jaguar.
(b) A deadly snake.
(d) Tahama, the warrior.
5. What is Nadia's advice about mosquitoes?
(a) Always wear insect repellent.
(b) Wear layers of protective clothing.
(c) Let them attack.
(d) Kill them one at a time.
Short Answer Questions
1. What women are in Mauro Carias' compound?
2. How does Mauro Carias usually travel?
3. How are the People of the Mist described?
4. What resource do the Indians believe will contaminate their societies?
5. What does an Indian hunter never eat?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do the People of the Mist keep boa constrictors as pets?
2. What internal conflict does Alex experience when the kidnappers offer him masato to drink?
3. How does Alex help Chief Mokarita?
4. What does Alex do to demonstrate his courage to the kidnappers, and what is the effect of his demonstration?
5. How does Omayra Torres plan to persuade the Indians to accept vaccinations?
6. Who are the People of the Mist?
7. What do the People of the Mist look like?
8. Why is Nadia convinced that Karakawe is Mauro Carias' co-conspirator?
9. Why would pistols be of no use in defending against an attack by the People of the Mist?
10. Why are the travelers unable to move after their boat disappears?
This section contains 768 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)