|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do the People of the Mist react to Alex's Tarzan yell?
(a) They run away.
(b) They get angry.
(c) They gag him.
(d) They laugh.
2. What does Alex discover for the first time that he likes to eat?
3. What does Cesar Santos do to the jaguar?
(a) Heals him.
(b) Sets him free.
(c) Shoots him.
(d) Tames him.
4. What brings Nadia the respect of the People of the Mist?
(a) Her amulet given by Walimai.
(b) Her friendliness.
(c) Her ability to play the flute.
(d) Her cheerful disposition.
5. Why is a watch useless in the jungle?
(a) Time is measured by dawns, tides, seasons, and rains.
(b) Time is measured by darkness and light.
(c) Time is measured by hunger and satiation.
(d) Time is measured by sleeping and waking.
Short Answer Questions
1. What injury does Alex suffer?
2. How does Kate overcome Ludovic Leblanc's objection to Nadia coming on the expedition?
3. What skill does Nadia claim in addition to her multilingualism?
4. What visual illusion does Alex see that he had seen earlier in a dream?
5. How does Nadia summon Walimai?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Alex do to demonstrate his courage to the kidnappers, and what is the effect of his demonstration?
2. Why do the People of the Mist keep boa constrictors as pets?
3. What unexpected injury does Alex sustain while waiting to be rescued and how does it affect him?
4. What worries Nadia and Alex about Karakawe's activities?
5. Why are watches and compasses of little use in the Amazon jungle?
6. Why would pistols be of no use in defending against an attack by the People of the Mist?
7. What causes the kidnappers to become angry with Nadia and how is the problem resolved?
8. How do the kidnapping People of the Mist treat Alex differently than Nadia?
9. Why are the travelers unable to move after their boat disappears?
10. Why does Alex believe that his sister Nicole would agree with Nadia's idea that the Beast should be spoken with?
This section contains 832 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)