|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the expedition searching for?
(a) A humanoid beast.
(b) The lost city of El Dorado.
(c) Medicinal plants.
(d) The headwaters of the Amazon.
2. How long does Ludovic Leblanc estimate it will take to trap the beast?
(a) Three days.
(b) Three months.
(c) Three weeks.
(d) Three years.
3. What is Kate proud that she has never done?
(a) Backed down from a dare.
(b) Worn a dress.
(c) Broken a bone.
(d) Told a lie.
4. What practical joke does Alex recall Kate playing on him?
(a) She gave him a leaky glass.
(b) She gave him a collapsing chair.
(c) She gave him chocolates filled with hot sauce.
(d) She gave him an exploding candy bar.
5. What resource was taken most frequently from the rainforest during the 19th century?
(c) Exotic birds.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Ludovic Leblanc's profession?
2. According to Padre Valdomero, a captured Indian is a _____________Indian.
3. What does the Amazon beast do when it encounters people?
4. What are the natives who live along the Amazon called?
5. Who does Mauro Carias refuse to identify?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Padre Valdomero's experience with the Beast reveal about the creature?
2. What do the different members of the expedition regard as the most important resources in the Amazon basin?
3. How have the Amazon Indians escaped enslavement and destruction?
4. What is Kate trying to teach Alex by leaving him to make his way from the airport to her apartment?
5. How did Nadia become multilingual?
6. Why is Cecilia Burns an important character although we never see her?
7. What does Morgana take from Alex, and what does she give him?
8. What kinds of problems does Kate believe there are?
9. What kind of father is John Cold?
10. Why does Kate believe that the Indians of the Amazon are indeed civilized?
This section contains 811 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)