|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Alex refuse to eat tapir?
(a) They remind him of his dog.
(b) He believes they are holy.
(c) He believes they are disgusting.
(d) He believes they are like rats.
2. What is the expedition searching for?
(a) Medicinal plants.
(b) The lost city of El Dorado.
(c) A humanoid beast.
(d) The headwaters of the Amazon.
3. Why does Cesar Santos believe the Amazon natives need no conversion?
(a) The Amazon natives are too ignorant to learn.
(b) The Amazon natives are already spiritual.
(c) The Amazon natives are already converted.
(d) The Amazon natives are living on a higher plane.
4. Why does Kate believe the Amazon is dangerous to anthropologists?
(a) They lose their composure.
(b) They lose their grants.
(c) They lose their way.
(d) They lose their reason.
5. What do the conspirators hope to get?
(a) Diamonds and wood.
(b) Gold and oil.
(c) Rubber and emeralds.
(d) Emeralds and diamonds.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did a python do to end up as a trophy on Kate's wall?
2. What quality does Alex believe Kate has too much of?
3. Padre Valdomero believes the Amazon natives are advanced on a _________________plane.
4. What is Alex's weapon?
5. Why is Mauro Carias anxious to capture the beast?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Kate show love for Alex in spite of her apparent disregard for his well-being?
2. Why does Cesar Santos say that the Amazon Indians rejected Christianity?
3. What does Morgana take from Alex, and what does she give him?
4. How have those who have seen the Beast been traumatized by the experience?
5. Why does Ludovic Leblanc's attitude toward women offend Kate and Omayra Torres?
6. How did Nadia become multilingual?
7. How have the Amazon Indians escaped enslavement and destruction?
8. Why does Kate believe that the Indians of the Amazon are indeed civilized?
9. What theory does Kate accept about the origin of the Amazon Indians?
10. Why is Cecilia Burns an important character although we never see her?
This section contains 830 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)