|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Boroba?
(a) A water spirit.
(b) Alex's pet dog.
(c) Nadia's pet monkey.
(d) Cesar Santos' pet macaw.
2. What is Kate proud that she has never done?
(a) Worn a dress.
(b) Broken a bone.
(c) Backed down from a dare.
(d) Told a lie.
3. Why is Mauro Carias anxious to capture the beast?
(a) He believes the beast will be an interesting specimen to display.
(b) He believes the beast will be scientifically interesting.
(c) He believes the beast will attract tourism.
(d) He believes the beast interferes with business in the Amazon basin.
4. Who is Rahakanarewa?
(a) A talking parrot.
(b) A native Amazon chieftain.
(c) A shaman.
(d) A spirit cannibal bird.
5. What is Ludovic Leblanc's profession?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do the Mormon missionaries turn back from the river trip?
2. How does one judge the size of a reptile?
3. What was Karakawe hired to do for Ludovic Leblanc?
4. Why does Cesar Santos believe the Amazon natives need no conversion?
5. What do the conspirators hope to get?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why are others unable to see Walimai's traveling companion?
2. Why was Padre Valdomero's village burned to the ground?
3. What do the different members of the expedition regard as the most important resources in the Amazon basin?
4. Why does Ludovic Leblanc's attitude toward women offend Kate and Omayra Torres?
5. Why does the book Alex reads convince him that the Amazon Indians are not civilized?
6. What does Morgana take from Alex, and what does she give him?
7. How have the Amazon Indians escaped enslavement and destruction?
8. Why does Cesar Santos say that the Amazon Indians rejected Christianity?
9. Why is Mauro Carias anxious to capture the Beast?
10. What is Kate trying to teach Alex by leaving him to make his way from the airport to her apartment?
This section contains 883 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)