|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the best moment of the river trip for Alex?
(a) Trying interesting new foods.
(b) Laughing with his grandmother.
(c) Sleeping under the stars.
(d) Swimming with a dolphin.
2. What is the expedition searching for?
(a) Medicinal plants.
(b) The lost city of El Dorado.
(c) The headwaters of the Amazon.
(d) A humanoid beast.
3. What negative quality does Kate see in Alex?
4. What does the Amazon beast do when it encounters people?
(a) It kidnaps them.
(b) It destroys their homes and property.
(c) It kills them.
(d) It teaches them a new language.
5. Who is Rahakanarewa?
(a) A spirit cannibal bird.
(b) A shaman.
(c) A native Amazon chieftain.
(d) A talking parrot.
6. What Amazon fish grows to the size of a carpet?
(a) The flounder.
(b) The manta ray.
(c) The piranha.
(d) The river dolphin.
7. What practical joke does Alex recall Kate playing on him?
(a) She gave him an exploding candy bar.
(b) She gave him a leaky glass.
(c) She gave him chocolates filled with hot sauce.
(d) She gave him a collapsing chair.
8. What does Alex believe are his own worst qualities?
(a) Short attention span and unkindness.
(b) Selfishness and arrogance.
(c) Skepticism and a bad temper.
(d) Impatience and dependence.
9. What is Alex's weapon?
(a) A pistol.
(b) An antique sword.
(c) A Swiss army knife.
(d) A machete.
10. What has made Alex brave enough to swim in the Amazon without fear?
(a) His experience with the snake.
(b) His experience with Morgana.
(c) His experience being lost in New York.
(d) His experience with the river dolphin.
11. What is Professor Leblanc's opinion of the Amazon natives?
(a) They are the best educated on the planet.
(b) They are the most peaceful on the planet.
(c) They are the most savage on the planet.
(d) They are the most intelligent on the planet.
12. Who does Walimai travel with?
(a) His macaw which talks.
(b) His spirit guide.
(c) His wife who is dead.
(d) His jaguar which guards him.
13. Why was Alex told not to say "Walimai"?
(a) Alex mispronounced the name.
(b) It is rude to speak another's true name.
(c) It is taboo to speak another's true name.
(d) Alex misunderstood the name.
14. What does Morgana teach Alex by stealing his possessions?
(a) She teaches him to be generous and unafraid.
(b) She teaches him to use drugs and relax.
(c) She teaches him to hate everyone.
(d) She teaches him to be wary and less trusting.
15. How do the Amazon natives feel about wealth?
(a) They see no need for wealth.
(b) They see no hope of wealth.
(c) They see no wealth in their future.
(d) They see no life without wealth.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of problems does Kate believe there are?
2. What item does Alex still have after Morgana's theft?
3. Who does Alex envision as his future wife?
4. What does Captain Ariosto think of Father Valdomero?
5. What are the invisible activities in Santa Maria de la Lluvia?
This section contains 542 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)