|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Morgana teach Alex by stealing his possessions?
(a) She teaches him to hate everyone.
(b) She teaches him to be wary and less trusting.
(c) She teaches him to use drugs and relax.
(d) She teaches him to be generous and unafraid.
2. What does the book Kate gives Alex contain?
(a) Topographical maps of the Amazon basin.
(b) Information about native peoples.
(c) Pictures of Amazon flora and fauna.
(d) Health tips for adventurous travelers.
3. Who is conspiring with Mauro Carias to kill the Amazon natives?
(a) Joel Gonzalez.
(b) Cesar Santos.
(c) Captain Ariosto.
(d) Ludovic Leblanc.
4. What is Kate proud that she has never done?
(a) Broken a bone.
(b) Told a lie.
(c) Worn a dress.
(d) Backed down from a dare.
5. What are the visible activities in Santa Maria de la Lluvia?
(a) Cooking and waiting.
(b) Smuggling exotic birds and diamond hunting.
(c) Diamond hunting and waiting.
(d) Waiting and smuggling exotic birds.
6. What is the expedition searching for?
(a) The lost city of El Dorado.
(b) The headwaters of the Amazon.
(c) Medicinal plants.
(d) A humanoid beast.
7. What kind of problems does Kate believe there are?
(a) Those that you should ignore and those that require attention.
(b) Those that are important and those that aren't.
(c) Those that you can solve and those you can't.
(d) Those that have no solution and those that solve themselves.
8. What does Alex believe are his own best qualities?
(a) Kindness and generosity.
(b) Patience and humility.
(c) Wisdom and logical thinking.
(d) Courage and clear thinking.
9. How does Lisa feel about Kate?
(a) She stays away from her.
(b) She is bored by her.
(c) She worships her.
(d) She's afraid of her.
10. Why does Kate believe the Amazon is dangerous to anthropologists?
(a) They lose their reason.
(b) They lose their composure.
(c) They lose their way.
(d) They lose their grants.
11. What was Karakawe hired to do for Ludovic Leblanc?
(a) Cook for him.
(b) Fan him.
(c) Guide him.
(d) Lead him.
12. How long does Ludovic Leblanc estimate it will take to trap the beast?
(a) Three years.
(b) Three days.
(c) Three weeks.
(d) Three months.
13. What is a surucucu?
(a) A poisonous snake.
(b) A poisonous lizard.
(c) A poisonous spider.
(d) A poisonous frog.
14. Why is Omayra Torres anxious to preserve the rainforest?
(a) She believes the largest diamonds have yet to be discovered.
(b) She believes its beauty belongs to the world.
(c) She believes the native inhabitants deserve to live in their own habitat.
(d) She believes most medicinal plants haven't yet been discovered.
15. Who is described as looking like a stereotypical wild game hunter?
(a) Ludovic Leblanc.
(b) Timothy Bruce.
(c) Cesar Santos.
(d) Joel Gonzalez.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the best moment of the river trip for Alex?
2. Who does Mauro Carias refuse to identify?
3. What is Professor LeBlanc's opinion about humanoid beasts?
4. What does Rahakanarewa predict for the expedition?
5. What resource was taken most frequently from the rainforest during the 19th century?
This section contains 520 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)