|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Padre Valdomero believes the Amazon natives are advanced on a _________________plane.
2. How does Lisa feel about Kate?
(a) She is bored by her.
(b) She stays away from her.
(c) She's afraid of her.
(d) She worships her.
3. Why does Alex enjoy mountain climbing?
(a) He likes to breathe the clean air at high altitudes.
(b) He likes to be away from the city.
(c) He likes to feel that he can control his body and his mind.
(d) He likes to spend time by himself.
4. Who does Walimai travel with?
(a) His jaguar which guards him.
(b) His wife who is dead.
(c) His macaw which talks.
(d) His spirit guide.
5. Why is Mauro Carias anxious to capture the beast?
(a) He believes the beast will be scientifically interesting.
(b) He believes the beast will be an interesting specimen to display.
(c) He believes the beast interferes with business in the Amazon basin.
(d) He believes the beast will attract tourism.
6. How long does Ludovic Leblanc estimate it will take to trap the beast?
(a) Three months.
(b) Three years.
(c) Three days.
(d) Three weeks.
7. Why are piranhas useful?
(a) They keep tourists out of the water.
(b) They frighten larger predators away.
(c) They keep the Amazon free of garbage.
(d) They eat algae.
8. Who does Mauro Carias refuse to identify?
(a) The expedition member he fears.
(b) The expedition member he distrusts.
(c) The expedition member he trusts.
(d) The expedition member he dislikes.
9. What are the natives who live along the Amazon called?
10. What is Alex's weapon?
(a) A machete.
(b) A pistol.
(c) A Swiss army knife.
(d) An antique sword.
11. What are the visible activities in Santa Maria de la Lluvia?
(a) Cooking and waiting.
(b) Diamond hunting and waiting.
(c) Waiting and smuggling exotic birds.
(d) Smuggling exotic birds and diamond hunting.
12. What resource was taken most frequently from the rainforest during the 19th century?
(d) Exotic birds.
13. What does Morgana teach Alex by stealing his possessions?
(a) She teaches him to be generous and unafraid.
(b) She teaches him to hate everyone.
(c) She teaches him to be wary and less trusting.
(d) She teaches him to use drugs and relax.
14. According to Padre Valdomero, a captured Indian is a _____________Indian.
15. Why do the Mormon missionaries turn back from the river trip?
(a) They have been rejected by the natives.
(b) They are both frightened.
(c) They are both exhausted.
(d) They are both sick.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of Kate's habits are bad for her health?
2. Who is the photographer for the expedition?
3. What is Kate proud that she has never done?
4. Why does Cesar Santos say the Amazon natives rejected Christianity?
5. What does Kate give Alex to replace the losses from Morgana's theft?
This section contains 507 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)