|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 4 through 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why was Alex told not to say "Walimai"?
(a) It is taboo to speak another's true name.
(b) It is rude to speak another's true name.
(c) Alex mispronounced the name.
(d) Alex misunderstood the name.
2. What has made Alex brave enough to swim in the Amazon without fear?
(a) His experience with the river dolphin.
(b) His experience being lost in New York.
(c) His experience with Morgana.
(d) His experience with the snake.
3. What resource was taken most frequently from the rainforest during the 19th century?
(d) Exotic birds.
4. What did the Amazon natives do with their captives in the past, according to Professor Leblanc?
(a) They made them rulers.
(b) They kept them as slaves.
(c) They ate them.
(d) They killed them.
5. What does the book Kate gives Alex contain?
(a) Topographical maps of the Amazon basin.
(b) Information about native peoples.
(c) Pictures of Amazon flora and fauna.
(d) Health tips for adventurous travelers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the visible activities in Santa Maria de la Lluvia?
2. Padre Valdomero knew his encounter with the beast was real, because ______________________ lingered.
3. How does Lisa feel about Kate?
4. What does Captain Ariosto think of Father Valdomero?
5. How does one judge the size of a reptile?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)