|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 4 through 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Kate's response to Alex's idea that the natives are primitive because they haven't invented the wheel?
(a) They are indeed primitive, but kindly.
(b) There are many kinds of intelligence.
(c) They have much more sophisticated tools.
(d) They have no need for wheels in their environment.
2. How does Kate define experience?
(a) When you learn just before you need it.
(b) What you learn just after you need it.
(c) What you never learn until you need it.
(d) What you learn just when you need it.
3. Why does Kate believe the Amazon is dangerous to anthropologists?
(a) They lose their composure.
(b) They lose their way.
(c) They lose their grants.
(d) They lose their reason.
4. What did the Amazon natives do with their captives in the past, according to Professor Leblanc?
(a) They killed them.
(b) They made them rulers.
(c) They ate them.
(d) They kept them as slaves.
5. What do the travelers eat that Alex has never seen as food?
(b) Roasted monkey.
(d) Fried alligator.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Boroba?
2. What are the invisible activities in Santa Maria de la Lluvia?
3. What resource was taken most frequently from the rainforest during the 19th century?
4. What is Professor LeBlanc's opinion about humanoid beasts?
5. What does Captain Ariosto think of Father Valdomero?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)