|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 4 through 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why are piranhas useful?
(a) They eat algae.
(b) They keep the Amazon free of garbage.
(c) They frighten larger predators away.
(d) They keep tourists out of the water.
2. What effect does the Amazon beast have on humans around him?
(a) They are hypnotized.
(b) They never recover from the shock.
(c) They faint or are paralyzed from his odor.
(d) Their memories are wiped and they forget having seen him.
3. What opportunity does Kate advise Alex to never miss?
(a) An opportunity to learn.
(b) An opportunity to express himself.
(c) An opportunity to keep his mouth shut.
(d) An opportunity to offer his opinion.
4. According to Padre Valdomero, a captured Indian is a _____________Indian.
5. Why does Cesar Santos believe the Amazon natives need no conversion?
(a) The Amazon natives are already spiritual.
(b) The Amazon natives are too ignorant to learn.
(c) The Amazon natives are already converted.
(d) The Amazon natives are living on a higher plane.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Kate define experience?
2. What did the Amazon natives do with their captives in the past, according to Professor Leblanc?
3. What Amazon fish grows to the size of a carpet?
4. What is Professor Leblanc's opinion of the Amazon natives?
5. What is Kate proud that she has never done?
This section contains 301 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)