|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 4 through 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What bothers the travelers most while in the boat?
(a) Lack of clean water.
(b) Fog and mist.
(c) Heat and humidity.
(d) Rain and mosquitoes.
2. How does one judge the size of a reptile?
(a) By the distance between the eyes.
(b) By the size of its fangs.
(c) By the number of coils.
(d) By the number of scales.
3. What did a python do to end up as a trophy on Kate's wall?
(a) It ate her Pekinese.
(b) It ate her camera.
(c) It frightened her.
(d) It scared away her guide.
4. What do the conspirators hope to get?
(a) Rubber and emeralds.
(b) Gold and oil.
(c) Emeralds and diamonds.
(d) Diamonds and wood.
5. For what is the Rio Negro named?
(a) Its canopy of shade.
(b) Its sediment.
(c) Its obsidian.
(d) Its deadly snakes.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Padre Valdomero, a captured Indian is a _____________Indian.
2. What resource was taken most frequently from the rainforest during the 19th century?
3. What practical joke does Alex recall Kate playing on him?
4. What does Rahakanarewa predict for the expedition?
5. Why are piranhas useful?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)