|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 4 through 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of Kate's habits are bad for her health?
(a) Smoking a pipe and forgetting to eat.
(b) Refusing to exercise and forgetting to eat.
(c) Drinking vodka and smoking a pipe.
(d) Drinking vodka and refusing to exercise.
2. What does Kate believe is the only way to learn?
(a) Read about the achievements of others.
(b) Find out for yourself.
(c) Study the mistakes of others.
(d) Listen to your elders.
3. How do the Amazon natives feel about wealth?
(a) They see no hope of wealth.
(b) They see no wealth in their future.
(c) They see no life without wealth.
(d) They see no need for wealth.
4. What do the conspirators hope to get?
(a) Gold and oil.
(b) Rubber and emeralds.
(c) Diamonds and wood.
(d) Emeralds and diamonds.
5. Why is Mauro Carias anxious to capture the beast?
(a) He believes the beast will be an interesting specimen to display.
(b) He believes the beast interferes with business in the Amazon basin.
(c) He believes the beast will be scientifically interesting.
(d) He believes the beast will attract tourism.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Mauro Carias refuse to identify?
2. Who does Walimai travel with?
3. For what is the Rio Negro named?
4. Who is Rahakanarewa?
5. What most surprises Alex that people can do without?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)