|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 4 through 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Walimai travel with?
(a) His macaw which talks.
(b) His wife who is dead.
(c) His jaguar which guards him.
(d) His spirit guide.
2. Why are piranhas useful?
(a) They frighten larger predators away.
(b) They keep the Amazon free of garbage.
(c) They keep tourists out of the water.
(d) They eat algae.
3. What does the book Kate gives Alex contain?
(a) Information about native peoples.
(b) Topographical maps of the Amazon basin.
(c) Pictures of Amazon flora and fauna.
(d) Health tips for adventurous travelers.
4. What has Professor LeBlanc spent the last several years pursuing?
(b) The Chupacabras.
(c) The Lock Ness monster.
5. Why do the Mormon missionaries turn back from the river trip?
(a) They have been rejected by the natives.
(b) They are both frightened.
(c) They are both sick.
(d) They are both exhausted.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Kate help Alex prepare for their expedition to the Amazon?
2. How does Kate teach Alex not to smoke?
3. What has made Alex brave enough to swim in the Amazon without fear?
4. Padre Valdomero knew his encounter with the beast was real, because ______________________ lingered.
5. Why does Cesar Santos say the Amazon natives rejected Christianity?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)