|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many different groups of people were said to have worked on the Tower of Babel?
2. Which street does Quinn live on?
(a) 98th street.
(b) 20th street.
(c) 112th street.
(d) 107th street.
3. According to the Haggadah, who was the first ruler of the world?
4. Where did Peter's father work after graduating college?
(a) Stanford University.
(b) Harvard University.
(c) Brown University.
(d) Columbia University.
5. What time of day does Virginia ask Quinn to report back to her with his observations?
(a) Late evening.
(b) Early morning.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Quinn's favorite sport?
2. What is unusual about Peter?
3. What is special about the white flag attached to the pen Quinn buys?
4. Which gate at the train station does the elder Stillman arrive at?
5. When is the only time Quinn uses his typewriter?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are some of Paul Auster's features?
2. Why is the Hotel Harmony an important location in City of Glass?
3. Why does Quinn go into Virginia and Peter Stillman's apartment in Chapter 13?
4. How does Quinn feel when he assumes the persona of Paul Auster?
5. What does Daniel Auster look like?
6. Why does Virginia feel the need to justify her sexual habits to Quinn?
7. Why does Quinn feel emotional pain when he sees the picture of New England at the train station?
8. Why is Henry Dark an important figure in Professor Stillman's writing?
9. Why is Stillman amused by Quinn's name?
10. How is Quinn able to feed himself during the time he lives as a bum?
This section contains 728 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)