|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Henry Dark die?
(a) He died in a fire.
(b) He died of the flu.
(c) He died of dehydration.
(d) He died in an earthquake.
2. How long did Virgina and Peter know each other before they married?
(a) Ten years.
(b) Six years.
(c) Four years.
(d) Five years.
3. What does the mystery caller's voice sound like to Quinn?
4. What object does Stillman carry off the train with him?
(a) A pillow.
(b) A suitcase.
(c) A duffle bag.
(d) A trunk.
5. Where did Peter's father work after graduating college?
(a) Brown University.
(b) Stanford University.
(c) Harvard University.
(d) Columbia University.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much money is Quinn paid on a daily basis to follow and observe the elder Stillman?
2. Why does Peter not like to go outside?
3. What does Quinn feel when he looks at the photograph of the elder Stillman?
4. Why does Peter not trust Virginia?
5. What was the title of the pamphlet Henry Dark published before his death?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Quinn feel when he assumes the persona of Paul Auster?
2. How does Quinn react the first time he is called by Peter Stillman?
3. What happens in the time that passes between Chapters 11 and 12?
4. Why is Daniel's yoyo important in Chapter 10?
5. Why is the Hotel Harmony an important location in City of Glass?
6. Why is Stillman amused by Quinn's name?
7. Why does Virginia kiss Quinn at the end of Chapter 3?
8. Who was John Milton?
9. Why is Quinn well informed on the topic of wild children and isolation?
10. Why is the subject of mistreated children difficult for Quinn?
This section contains 728 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)