|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Quinn doing when the mystery caller calls for the first time?
(a) Reading a book.
(b) Using the restroom.
(c) Watching television.
(d) Eating a sandwich.
2. Why is Quinn surprised by Stillman while at the train station?
(a) Quinn is surprised because he sees two men who look like Stillman.
(b) Quinn is surprised because the elder Stillman never leaves the train.
(c) Quinn is surprised because the elder Stillman is unrecognizable.
(d) Quinn is surprised because the elder Stillman looks just like his son.
3. Who is Quinn?
(a) The brother of the protagonist in City of Glass.
(b) The protagonist of City of Glass.
(c) The brother of the antagonist in City of Glass.
(d) The antagonist of City of Glass.
4. What time of day does Virginia ask Quinn to report back to her with his observations?
(a) Late evening.
(c) Early morning.
5. At what time does Stillman arrive at the train station in Chapter 7?
(b) 5:45 in the evening.
(c) 7:00 in the morning.
(d) 6:41 in the evening.
Short Answer Questions
1. For how long was Peter kept locked up as a child?
2. Who does Quinn buy a pen from in Chapter 6?
3. How many years did Henry Dark work for John Milton?
4. What does Quinn do while he waits to meet Peter Stillman the first time?
5. How long did Virgina and Peter know each other before they married?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Peter wish to be "real" and not a puppet boy?
2. Why does Quinn contemplate fleeing the country?
3. How does Quinn feel when he assumes the persona of Paul Auster?
4. Why does Quinn admire Max Work?
5. Why does Quinn go into Virginia and Peter Stillman's apartment in Chapter 13?
6. How was Peter Stillman finally discovered and freed from his confinement when he was young?
7. Why does Quinn choose to leave the library without recording any information in his notebook?
8. What is the narrator's opinion of Quinn's fate at the end of City of Glass?
9. For what reason or reasons does Quinn go to the library at the beginning of Chapter 6?
10. How does Quinn react to seeing two nearly identical elder Stillmans while at the train station?
This section contains 803 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)