|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Paul Auster look like?
(a) Tall and dark.
(b) Short and fair.
(c) Fat and jolly.
(d) Thin and sickly.
2. Why does Stillman refuse to talk to Quinn when they first meet?
(a) Because he declares Quinn a stranger.
(b) Because he dislikes the way Quinn looks.
(c) Because he knows Quinn has been following him.
(d) Because he does not socialize with writers.
3. Which month is it when Quinn runs out of money while living on the streets?
4. What activity does Quinn busy himself with while living in the Stillman apartment?
5. Where does Quinn think of running away to in the beginning of Chapter 11?
(a) Los Angeles.
(c) Mexico City.
6. What does Quinn bring with him every morning when he goes out to track Stillman?
(a) A donut, a carton of orange juice and a book.
(b) A coffee, a buttered roll, and a newspaper.
(c) A glass of milk, cereal and his notebook.
(d) A loaf of bread, potatoes and water.
7. How does Quinn react when he sees himself in the mirror for the first time since becoming a bum?
8. Why does Quinn cease to write about himself toward the end of City of Glass?
(a) Because he feels he is no longer important.
(b) Because he has nothing left to say.
(c) Because he misses his old life.
(d) Because he becomes bored with himself.
9. What color is Stillman's notebook?
10. Who is the first person Quinn calls after becoming a bum?
(a) Peter Stillman.
(b) Paul Auster.
(d) Max Work.
11. How old is Paul Auster's son?
(a) Between the ages of ten and eleven.
(b) Between the ages of two and three.
(c) Between the ages of fourteen and fifteen.
(d) Between the ages of five and six.
12. Why does Quinn stop at the bank in Chapter 11?
(a) Quinn stops at the bank to check his balance.
(b) Quinn stops at the bank to open a new checking account.
(c) Quinn stops at the bank to rob it.
(d) Quinn stops at the bank to deposit his check.
13. What does Quinn do with the money in his bank account?
(a) He withdraws most of it.
(b) He burns it.
(c) He gives it away.
(d) He gives it to Peter Stillman.
14. In what way does Quinn use his notebook differently in Chapter 11?
(a) Quinn uses his notebook to record thoughts not pertaining to Stillman.
(b) Quinn uses his notebook to write poetry in.
(c) Quinn uses his notebook as fuel for a bonfire.
(d) Quinn uses his notebook as a coaster.
15. What time of day does Quinn leave his alley to go buy food?
(a) Late evening.
(b) Early morning.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Quinn react to being left a tray of food in Chapter 13?
2. Where does Quinn go at the end of Chapter 11?
3. Does Quinn feel sorry for what happens to Max Work?
4. Which famous novel is discussed by Quinn and Paul Auster in Chapter 10?
5. What size is Stillman's notebook when compared to Quinn's notebook?
This section contains 540 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)