|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The initials H. D. were originally meant to refer to which character?
(a) Humpty Dumpty.
(b) Howard Dinner.
(c) Hilda Doolittle.
(d) Henry David Thoreau,
2. What toy does Paul Auster's son find on the street?
(a) A squirt gun.
(b) A frisbee.
(c) A yoyo.
(d) A dinosaur.
3. Which of the following are objects does Stillman collect off the street?
(a) Rags, pebbles, and old school uniforms.
(b) Photographs, old pieces of printed paper, and machinery parts.
(c) Doll heads, shoe laces, and old bow ties.
(d) Black gloves, tin cans, and empty juice bottles.
4. What problem does Quinn face while attempting to follow Stillman each morning?
(a) Quinn discovers that his shoes are unfit for walking so much.
(b) Quinn discovers that he walks too fast for Stillman.
(c) Quinn discovers that Stillman is aware of his presence.
(d) Quinn discovers that he becomes tired easily from so much walking.
5. What time of day does Quinn leave his alley to go buy food?
(a) Late evening.
(d) Early morning.
6. What does Quinn do with the money in his bank account?
(a) He gives it to Peter Stillman.
(b) He gives it away.
(c) He burns it.
(d) He withdraws most of it.
7. According to Stillman, all men are what food item?
8. Who does Quinn write about in Chapter 11?
(a) The prostitues of the streets.
(b) The children of the streets.
(c) The homeless tramps of the streets.
(d) The stray animals of the streets.
9. What does Quinn bring with him every morning when he goes out to track Stillman?
(a) A glass of milk, cereal and his notebook.
(b) A donut, a carton of orange juice and a book.
(c) A loaf of bread, potatoes and water.
(d) A coffee, a buttered roll, and a newspaper.
10. Why does Quinn begin to regret wasting pages in the beginning of his notebook?
(a) Because he feels he is more enlightened now than before.
(b) Because he realizes soon he will run out of space in the notebook.
(c) Because he dislikes what he wrote at the beginning.
(d) Because he has a strong desire to start over.
11. Which bank does Quinn have an account at?
(a) Sun Trust.
(c) Orchard Bank.
(d) Nations Bank.
12. Which day of the week does Quinn meet Stillman for the first time?
13. What does Paul Auster look like?
(a) Short and fair.
(b) Tall and dark.
(c) Thin and sickly.
(d) Fat and jolly.
14. What important discovery does Quinn make at the end of Chapter 8?
(a) Quinn discovers that Peter Stillman is not handicapped.
(b) Quinn discovers that Virginia has been lying to him all along.
(c) Quinn discovers the pattern behind the routes the elder Stillman takes each morning.
(d) Quinn discovers that his wife is alive.
15. How much money is in Quinn's bank account?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Quinn spend the night at the end of Chapter 11?
2. Does Quinn enjoy living at the Stillman apartment?
3. Which article of clothing does Stillman always wear when he goes out each morning?
4. Who is Siri?
5. What does Quinn discover when he enters the Stillman apartment in Chapter 13?
This section contains 574 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)