|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Quinn keep track of his sleep schedule?
(a) Quinn keeps track of his sleep schedule by using an alarm clock.
(b) Quinn keeps track of his sleep schedule by listening to the nearby church bells.
(c) Quinn keeps track of his sleep schedule by having other homeless people wake him up.
(d) Quinn keeps track of his sleep schedule by timing it with his watch.
2. Who does Quinn write about in Chapter 11?
(a) The prostitues of the streets.
(b) The homeless tramps of the streets.
(c) The children of the streets.
(d) The stray animals of the streets.
3. Why does Paul Auster refuse the check addressed to him?
(a) Because he distrusts Quinn.
(b) Because he does not like banks.
(c) Because he is rich and does not need money.
(d) Because he feels he does not deserve the money.
4. What time of day does Quinn leave his alley to go buy food?
(b) Late evening.
(d) Early morning.
5. What is Quinn's opinion of fate?
(a) Quinn does not believe in fate.
(b) Quinn believes in fate only under the right cirsumstances.
(c) Quinn has believed in fate all his life.
(d) Quinn does not know what fate is.
6. Who does Quinn pretend to be when he meets Stillman a second time?
(a) Henry Dark.
(b) John Milton.
(c) Moby Dick.
7. Who is Siri?
(a) Quinn's girlfriend.
(b) Max Work's sister.
(c) Paul Auster's wife.
(d) Peter Stillman's cousin.
8. Why did Stillman decide to travel to New York after being released?
(a) He chose New York because he likes baseball.
(b) He chose New York because he likes the weather.
(c) He chose New York because of its godliness.
(d) He chose New York because it is a forlorn city.
9. What is Quinn's ultimate fate in City of Glass?
(a) He moves out of New York City.
(b) His fate is not revealed.
(c) He leaves the Stillman apartment and roams the streets for the rest of his life.
(d) He finds Virginia Stillman and elopes with her.
10. Does Quinn enjoy living at the Stillman apartment?
(c) Only on occasion.
(d) Quinn never lives in the Stillman apartment.
11. What great truth is Stillman attempting to discover through his research in Chapter 9?
(a) A new God.
(b) A new race.
(c) A new home.
(d) A new language.
12. Which bank does Quinn have an account at?
(a) Sun Trust.
(b) Orchard Bank.
(c) Nations Bank.
13. How does Quinn react to being left a tray of food in Chapter 13?
14. What does Quinn do with the money in his bank account?
(a) He withdraws most of it.
(b) He burns it.
(c) He gives it to Peter Stillman.
(d) He gives it away.
15. Which of the following are objects does Stillman collect off the street?
(a) Black gloves, tin cans, and empty juice bottles.
(b) Rags, pebbles, and old school uniforms.
(c) Photographs, old pieces of printed paper, and machinery parts.
(d) Doll heads, shoe laces, and old bow ties.
Short Answer Questions
1. What food item does Paul Auster make for Quinn in Chapter 10?
2. Does Quinn feel sorry for what happens to Max Work?
3. What does Quinn bring with him every morning when he goes out to track Stillman?
4. How long does Quinn follow Stillman?
5. How much money is in Quinn's bank account?
This section contains 567 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)