|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Quinn keep track of his sleep schedule?
(a) Quinn keeps track of his sleep schedule by timing it with his watch.
(b) Quinn keeps track of his sleep schedule by listening to the nearby church bells.
(c) Quinn keeps track of his sleep schedule by using an alarm clock.
(d) Quinn keeps track of his sleep schedule by having other homeless people wake him up.
2. Who does Quinn write about in Chapter 11?
(a) The stray animals of the streets.
(b) The prostitues of the streets.
(c) The homeless tramps of the streets.
(d) The children of the streets.
3. How long does Quinn follow Stillman?
(a) Three weeks.
(b) One week.
(c) Two days.
(d) Two weeks.
4. What happens to Quinn and his mind at the start of Chapter 12?
(a) His mind becomes sharper and more intelligent.
(b) His mind begins to revert backward to his childhood.
(c) His mind develops special powers.
(d) His mind begins to lose grip on reality.
5. Which activity does Quinn enjoy most while living on the streets?
(a) Shopping for food.
(b) Thinking about Virginia.
(c) Collecting trash.
(d) Watching the sky.
6. Where does the first meeting between Quinn and Stillman take place?
(a) Riverside Park.
(b) Times Square.
(c) Central Park.
(d) The Brooklyn Bridge.
7. Which of the following are objects does Stillman collect off the street?
(a) Black gloves, tin cans, and empty juice bottles.
(b) Rags, pebbles, and old school uniforms.
(c) Photographs, old pieces of printed paper, and machinery parts.
(d) Doll heads, shoe laces, and old bow ties.
8. What does Paul Auster look like?
(a) Short and fair.
(b) Fat and jolly.
(c) Tall and dark.
(d) Thin and sickly.
9. What does Quinn do after he is unable to contact Virginia by phone in Chapter 11?
(a) Quinn goes shopping for a new car.
(b) Quinn dreams of a world in which his family is alive.
(c) Quinn wanders aimlessly around the city.
(d) Quinn visits Paul Auster.
10. Why does Quinn decide to live on less sleep starting in Chapter 12?
(a) Quinn decides to sleep less because he feels he will miss out on important information.
(b) Quinn decides to sleep less because he wants to see Virginia.
(c) Quinn decides to sleep less because Peter Stillman tells him to.
(d) Quinn decides to sleep less because of his part time job.
11. What time of day does Quinn leave his alley to go buy food?
(a) Early morning.
(c) Late evening.
12. Why is Quinn surprised when he meets Stillman for the third time?
(a) Quinn is surprised because the elder Stillman still does not remember his name.
(b) Quinn is surprised because a different Stillman shows up at the park.
(c) Quinn is surprised because the elder Stillman recognizes him.
(d) Quinn is surprised because the elder Stillman brings him lunch.
13. Why is Quinn unable to collect his money from Paul Auster?
(a) Quinn is unable to collect the money because Paul Auster lost it.
(b) Quinn is unable to collect his money because the check bounced.
(c) Quinn is unable to collect his money because the check was forged.
(d) Quinn is unable to collect his money because Paul Auster spent it.
14. Why does Stillman refuse to talk to Quinn when they first meet?
(a) Because he does not socialize with writers.
(b) Because he declares Quinn a stranger.
(c) Because he knows Quinn has been following him.
(d) Because he dislikes the way Quinn looks.
15. What does Quinn bring with him every morning when he goes out to track Stillman?
(a) A loaf of bread, potatoes and water.
(b) A glass of milk, cereal and his notebook.
(c) A coffee, a buttered roll, and a newspaper.
(d) A donut, a carton of orange juice and a book.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Stillman decide to travel to New York after being released?
2. Does Quinn ever question where the food trays come from while he is living in the Stillman's apartment?
3. What is Quinn's opinion of fate?
4. What problem does Quinn face while attempting to follow Stillman each morning?
5. Does Quinn feel sorry for what happens to Max Work?
This section contains 764 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)