|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following books did John Milton write?
(b) Adventures of Huckleberry Finn.
(c) Paradise Lost.
(d) Moby Dick.
2. Which emotion does Quinn most strongly experience when he first sees Stillman's train?
3. Who does Quinn live with?
(a) No one. He lives alone.
(b) His sister and father.
(c) His wife and son.
(d) His mother and brother.
4. For how long was Peter kept locked up as a child?
(a) Three years.
(b) Nine years.
(c) Ten years.
(d) Five years.
5. What sort of abode do Virginia and Peter live in?
(a) An apartment.
(b) A duplex.
(c) A house.
(d) A condo.
6. How many years did Henry Dark work for John Milton?
(a) Ten years.
(b) Five years.
(c) Two years.
(d) Eight years.
7. Where does Quinn live?
(c) New York City.
(d) Los Angeles.
8. Who is Michael?
(a) The neighbor Peter Stillman does not trust.
(b) The neighbor Virginia had an affair with.
(c) The man who robbed Peter of his inheritance.
(d) The man who referred Virgnia to Paul Auster.
9. Where did Peter's father attend college?
10. How many different groups of people were said to have worked on the Tower of Babel?
11. How much money is Quinn paid on a daily basis to follow and observe the elder Stillman?
(a) Fifty dollars.
(b) One hundred dollars.
(c) Twenty dollars.
(d) Three hundred dollars.
12. How long has Quinn been keeping William Wilson's identity a secret?
(a) Two years.
(b) Nine years.
(c) Five years.
(d) Six years.
13. Why does Virginia fear for her husband?
(a) She is afraid his father will disown him.
(b) She is afraid he will fall very ill.
(c) She is afraid his mother will haunt him.
(d) She is afraid his father will kill him.
14. Which two physical traits did Peter's mother possess as a young woman?
(a) Beauty and frailty.
(b) Frailty and grace.
(c) Stamina and beauty.
(d) Strength and grace.
15. Why does Quinn experience a moment of panic while following Stillman home?
(a) Quinn panics because he realizes he followed the wrong Stillman.
(b) Quinn panics because the elder Stillman spots him.
(c) Quinn panics because he suspects Stillman of going toward his home.
(d) Quinn panics because he realizes he loves Virginia.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is the topic of children painful for Quinn?
2. How old is Peter Stillman?
3. Which book does Quinn read first in Chapter 6?
4. Who does Quinn pretend to be while wandering the train station in Chapter 7?
5. Who does Quinn buy a pen from in Chapter 6?
This section contains 489 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)