|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Virginia fear for her husband?
(a) She is afraid his father will disown him.
(b) She is afraid his father will kill him.
(c) She is afraid he will fall very ill.
(d) She is afraid his mother will haunt him.
2. Why does Peter not trust Virginia?
(a) He is confused by her sexual habits.
(b) He is too repelled by her.
(c) He is too attracted to her.
(d) He is unsure of her motives.
3. Which gate at the train station does the elder Stillman arrive at?
(a) Gate 24.
(c) Gate 70.
(d) Gate 3.
4. Who does Quinn buy a pen from in Chapter 6?
(a) An old man.
(b) A blind man.
(c) A deaf mute man.
(d) A tall man.
5. Does Virginia love her husband?
(a) Virginia is not married.
(d) Only sometimes.
6. Which library does Quinn visit at the beginning of chapter 6?
(a) The Brown library.
(b) The Columbia library.
(c) The Harvard library.
(d) The Yale library.
7. What type of novels does Quinn write?
(b) Science Fiction.
8. What does the mystery caller's voice sound like to Quinn?
9. Which two physical traits did Peter's mother possess as a young woman?
(a) Frailty and grace.
(b) Beauty and frailty.
(c) Strength and grace.
(d) Stamina and beauty.
10. Who is Virginia?
(a) Peter's wife.
(b) Quinn's neighbor.
(c) Quinn's girlfriend.
(d) A prostitue.
11. What is Quinn's first name?
12. Where did Peter's father work after graduating college?
(a) Brown University.
(b) Harvard University.
(c) Stanford University.
(d) Columbia University.
13. Which piece of clothing did J. lend Quinn in college?
(a) A pair of jeans.
(b) A tunic.
(c) An overcoat.
(d) A hat.
14. How many different groups of people were said to have worked on the Tower of Babel?
15. What is the first name of Peter's father?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many years did Henry Dark work for John Milton?
2. Who is William Wilson?
3. What is special about the white flag attached to the pen Quinn buys?
4. According to the Haggadah, who was designated the architect of the Tower of Babel?
5. According to the Haggadah, who was the first ruler of the world?
This section contains 392 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)