|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Clary awaken?
(a) In a jail cell.
(b) In Luke's apartment.
(c) In her room in the Institute.
(d) In Idria.
2. Who is Clary dancing with in her dream?
3. What do Clary and Jace hear near the dumpster?
(a) A scream.
(b) The click of a weapon.
(c) Someone crying.
(d) A voice in the darkness.
4. To where does the portal now open?
(b) The same place as before.
(c) The abyss.
(d) Valentine's home.
5. Who is Raphael?
(a) A young man who wants to become a vampire.
(b) The boy who tells Clary and Jace to leave.
(c) A young man, who looks like an angel.
(d) An orphan who is a messenger for the Otherworlders.
6. What do Jace and Clary steal?
(a) The king vampire's crown.
(b) The queen vampire's scepter.
(c) A vampire's coffin.
(d) A demon motorcycle.
7. With what is Valentine not concerned?
(a) Only about twenty percent of the children he exposes the cup to will survive.
(b) The impact upon Mundanes losing their children.
(c) The children will be changed even if they do not become shadowhunters.
(d) The children will be taken from their parents.
8. What does a werewolf tell Raphael?
(a) That they will kill all the vampires if Jace is hurt.
(b) That they are there for Clary.
(c) That they expect the vampires to move to another city.
(d) That they are there to claim that territory.
9. What does Jace say the pact with the religions of the world is?
(a) That they all help the shadowhunters kill demons.
(b) That they will not hinder the shadowhunters' work.
(c) That they will not reveal anything about the shadowhunters.
(d) They do not have a pact with the religions of the world.
10. What does Dorothea suddenly say?
(a) That she has never met Valentine.
(b) That she is not leaving without a fight.
(c) That the Cup is damaged.
(d) That she has to go meet with Panghorn.
11. What does Hodge say Valentine is besides powerful?
12. What is the best way into the vampire lair?
(a) Through the door of a mausoleum.
(b) Through a window.
(c) Through the roof.
(d) Through a magically concealed doorway.
13. What can demons not stand?
14. Who are buried in the Silent City?
(a) The upper echelons of the Clave.
(b) The Shadowhunters who so desire it.
(c) All Shadowhunters.
(d) The Monks.
15. What does Clary do when Dorothea reaches for the cup?
(a) Hands it to her.
(b) Tosses the cup to Simon.
(c) Pulls away.
(d) Tosses the cup to Alec.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Clary begin to enjoy?
2. For how long has the Silent City been around?
3. Why is Valentine particularly hurt by the person who chooses to leave the circle first?
4. What is Raphael's response to the werewolf?
5. What does a young boy tell Jace and Clary?
This section contains 551 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)