|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who carries Clary out of the apartment?
(b) No one.
(c) A demon.
2. Who does Madame Dorothea invite into her apartment?
(a) Just Clary.
(b) The detective.
(c) The police.
(d) Jace and Clary.
3. What has Dorothea known about Clary's mother?
(a) She is a Shadowhunter in exile.
(b) She is being hunted.
(c) She is not an artist.
(d) She is not Clary's real mother.
4. How does Clary deal with what she finds?
(a) She gathers up the letters.
(b) She shoves the sensor down the demon's mouth.
(c) She calls it a devil.
(d) She orders the man out.
5. What does Clary take from Jace?
(a) His sensor.
(c) His phone number.
(d) His knife.
6. What does Dorotea claim?
(a) To know Jace's parents.
(b) To be able to levitate.
(c) To be the daughter of a witch.
(d) To be able to see the future.
7. What is the Mortal Cup?
(a) The mythic cup that the first shadow hunter made.
(b) The way shadowhunters are made immortal.
(c) A gift from the Angel that could create new shadowhunters.
(d) The way shadowhunters are made mortal.
8. Who has been moving furniture around?
(a) The neighbor thought that is what Clary's mother had been doing.
(c) No one.
(d) The neighbor.
9. What does Clary notice in Madame's Dorothea's apartment?
(a) The incense.
(b) The crystal ball.
(c) The cats.
10. Who does Clary ask to see?
11. Where does Clary's mother say they are going to go?
(a) To Luke's house in the country.
(b) To see her aunt.
(c) To a little cabin she owns near Cambridge.
(d) To France.
12. What does Clary notice on the banister at her house?
(a) Long gashes.
(b) A note pinned to it.
(d) Green paint.
13. Where does Simon want Clary to go?
(a) To hear his friend Eric recite poetry.
(b) To a movie.
(c) To visit his grandmother in the nursing home.
(d) To see a fireworks display.
14. How often must the Clave reaffirm the peace accords?
(a) Every 25 years.
(b) Every 15 years.
(c) Every century.
(d) Every 10 years.
15. Who is playing the piano?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Clary do in response to her mother?
2. What does Simon see Luke gather?
3. What does Valentine steal?
4. What does Clary decide to do after observing the activity of the boy with the blue hair and the other two boys?
5. Why does the room appear empty to Simon?
This section contains 466 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)