|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who would Simon like as a girlfriend?
(a) He's not really interested in any girl at the moment.
(d) A girl who Eric likes.
2. Who does Jace land on when he jumps the fence?
(a) A Forsaken.
(b) A dog.
3. What does Jace say is a great honor for Simon?
(a) To be friends with Clary.
(b) To visit the Institute.
(c) To be given a task by a Shadowhunter.
(d) To be told about Shadowhunters.
4. What does Clary's mother do when she gets home that night?
(a) Asks her to pack to go to her grandmother's house for a while.
(b) Yells at her.
(c) Asks her to help her with a project.
(d) Gives her a lecture about Simon.
5. How often must the Clave reaffirm the peace accords?
(a) Every 25 years.
(b) Every century.
(c) Every 10 years.
(d) Every 15 years.
6. What happens when the blue-haired boy notices the same thing that Clary notices?
(a) He confronts the old man to ask him why he is taking the pictures.
(b) He approaches the girl in the white dress.
(c) He tries to buy the parrot.
(d) He goes out his way to avoid the cop.
7. What do Clary, Jace and Simon find when they search Luke's apartment?
(a) Jocylyn's clothing bag.
(b) Nothing to note.
(c) A note to Clary from Luke.
(d) Weapons and Clary's bag.
8. What does Clary do in the storeroom?
(a) Stops the two boys from killing the other boy.
(b) Offers to help the girl in the white dress.
(c) Calls the police.
(d) Stops the two boys from killing the girl in the white dress.
9. What is Jace doing as Simon is trying to declare his love for her?
(a) Taking notes from a poetry reader.
(b) Looking for a demon who is in the crowd.
10. Where are Jace and Clary dropped?
(a) In an abandoned warehouse.
(b) In the Shadowhunter's building.
(c) In an abandoned mine.
(d) Near Luke's apartment.
11. What is Eric's poetry like?
(c) Fairly interesting.
12. What does Clary say about Valentine?
(a) That her mother is always saying that name.
(b) That she thinks Valentine has something to do with her mother going missing.
(c) That her mother knows someone named Valentine.
(d) That the ravener demon mentions that name.
13. What does a girl who is sitting near Clary and Simon ask Clary?
(a) If Simon is available.
(b) If Eric is Clary's boyfriend.
(c) If Clary knows Luke.
(d) If Simon writes poetry.
14. What is the Pandemonium?
(a) A teen rock group.
(b) A dance club.
(c) A secret sect.
(d) A racetrack.
15. Where does Clary see two boys going, one of whom has a knife?
(a) The two jump up on stage and make announcement.
(b) The two follow the boy with the blue hair.
(c) They two leave the club.
(d) The two head for the men's room.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the bouncer ask the boy with the blue hair?
2. What does Clary tell Simon to do?
3. What does Clary notice about the blue-haired boy?
4. What does Jace explain to Clary?
5. Why is Simon embarrassed at the poetry reading?
This section contains 609 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)