|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Valentine steal?
(a) The mortal cup.
(b) The Queen of the Shadowhunters.
(c) The shadowed orb.
(d) The Mythic Shield.
2. Who does Madame Dorothea invite into her apartment?
(a) The police.
(b) The detective.
(c) Just Clary.
(d) Jace and Clary.
3. What does Dorothea say about Jace when she reads his tea leaves?
(a) He will fall in love with the wrong person.
(b) He will become the greatest Shadowhunter of all time.
(c) He will learn to love himself.
(d) He will learn to love his mother.
4. About what does Clary say she made a mistake?
(a) Trusting Simon.
(b) Seeing someone go in the room.
(c) Needing the police.
(d) Seeing a demon.
5. What is Jace doing as Simon is trying to declare his love for her?
(a) Taking notes from a poetry reader.
(d) Looking for a demon who is in the crowd.
6. Who adopts Dorothea when she is young?
(a) A warlock.
(b) A witch.
(c) No one.
(d) A demon.
7. What do the two boys call the blue-haired boy?
(a) A demon.
(b) A thief.
(c) A liar.
(d) An illusion.
8. What is Dorothea's purpose?
(a) She is a mediator.
(b) She is an Oracle.
(c) She has no official position.
(d) She is a control.
9. Where does Clary follow Jace?
(a) To the bar.
(c) To the upper level of the building.
(d) To the dance floor.
10. Who are Blackwell and Pangborn?
(a) Two warlocks who are undercover detectives for the Clave.
(b) Two Shadowhunters working for Valentine.
(c) Mundane friends of Luke's.
(d) Mundane friends of Jocelyn's.
11. Who are the police that arrive?
(a) Jocelyn's brother and brother-in-law..
(b) Two of Jocelyn's contacts in the police department.
(c) No one Clary knows.
12. Who carries Clary out of the apartment?
(a) No one.
(d) A demon.
13. What do Clary's neighbors comment upon when she arrives home?
(a) The way Clary is out of breath.
(b) The noise from upstairs.
(c) That Clary's mother left in a hurry a few minutes earlier.
(d) That Clary's father had just been there.
14. Who comes out of Clary's old room?
(a) A police officer.
(c) A ravenging demon.
(d) A Forsaken.
15. Who does Simon bring to Clary's assistance?
(a) No one.
(b) The bouncer.
(c) Their group of friends.
(d) The manager.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who are the Forsaken?
2. Why does Mrs. Lightwood refuse to teach Isabelle to cook?
3. What does Clary find when she gets to her apartment?
4. What is the effect of Clary's actions?
5. What happens to Clary as she starts to run out of the apartment?
This section contains 520 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)