|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Clary notice about the blue-haired boy?
(a) He really is a demon.
(b) He is an old man behind his illusions.
(c) He is overpowered in the fight.
(d) He is about to escape.
2. Who is beside Clary when she wakens?
3. What does the boy with blue hair have in his hand?
(a) A knife.
(b) A fake sword.
(c) A camera.
(d) An ipad.
4. What has the girl done with the blue-haired boy?
(a) Kicked him in the groin.
(b) Tied him up.
(c) Jumped on top of him to keep him penned.
5. What does Clary tell Simon to do?
(a) Call the police.
(b) Find the girl in the white dress.
(c) Go home.
(d) Go find a security guard.
6. What does Dorothea say about Jace when she reads his tea leaves?
(a) He will learn to love himself.
(b) He will learn to love his mother.
(c) He will fall in love with the wrong person.
(d) He will become the greatest Shadowhunter of all time.
7. Who has been moving furniture around?
(a) No one.
(b) The neighbor.
(c) The neighbor thought that is what Clary's mother had been doing.
8. What was Valentine's aim?
(a) To create a race that was a mix of Downworlders and Shadowhunters.
(b) To kill all Downworlders.
(c) To allow demons access to the Downworld.
(d) To allow demons access to the Shadowworld.
9. Where does Simon want Clary to go?
(a) To hear his friend Eric recite poetry.
(b) To visit his grandmother in the nursing home.
(c) To see a fireworks display.
(d) To a movie.
10. Who does Simon bring to Clary's assistance?
(a) The bouncer.
(b) Their group of friends.
(c) No one.
(d) The manager.
11. How often must the Clave reaffirm the peace accords?
(a) Every century.
(b) Every 10 years.
(c) Every 15 years.
(d) Every 25 years.
12. What does Clary decide to do after observing the activity of the boy with the blue hair and the other two boys?
(a) Follow into the room where they all went.
(b) Leave to find her brother.
(c) Go to find the security cop and ask for information.
(d) Go home.
13. What happens when the blue-haired boy notices the same thing that Clary notices?
(a) He approaches the girl in the white dress.
(b) He tries to buy the parrot.
(c) He goes out his way to avoid the cop.
(d) He confronts the old man to ask him why he is taking the pictures.
14. What does Clary learn about her mother?
(a) She was Valentine's sister.
(b) She is dead.
(c) She is still alive.
(d) She is a mundane.
15. What happens to Clary as she starts to run out of the apartment?
(a) She trips over her mother's body.
(b) She trips and breaks her wrist.
(c) She is stung in the back of the head.
(d) She collapses in grief.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the two boys call the blue-haired boy?
2. What does Dorotea claim?
3. How does Clary deal with what she finds?
4. Why does Mrs. Lightwood refuse to teach Isabelle to cook?
5. Where does Clary's mother say they are going to go?
This section contains 577 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)