|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the Inquisitor say Jace will return with her tomorrow in Chapter 14?
(a) New Orleans.
(d) San Francisco.
2. What is the book that all runes are said to come from in Chapter 14?
(a) The Blue Book.
(b) The Gray Book.
(c) The White Book.
(d) The Black Book.
3. What demons are described in Chapter 18 with "flames jetting from their empty eyes"?
(a) Kuri demons.
(b) Oni demons.
(c) Moloch demons.
(d) Raum demons.
4. What is the title of Chapter 13?
(a) "The High Warlock of Brooklyn."
(b) "A Host of Rebel Angels."
(c) "The Mortal Sword."
(d) "And Death Shall Have No Dominion."
5. Where does Clary say she will take Max anytime in the Epilogue?
(a) To visit Yossarian.
(b) Forbidden Planet.
(c) The Institute.
(d) To church.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Clary surrounded by when the flying demon takes her to the center of the ship in Chapter 18?
2. Who is Clary's rune appllied to in Chapter 14?
3. What did the Inquisitor hope to trade Jace to Valentine for in Chapter 17?
4. What is the name of the white cat that lunges at Clary in Simon's house in Chapter 16?
5. Where does Jace tell Clary to meet him on the telephone in Chapter 16?
Short Essay Questions
1. What type of rune does Clary draw in Chapter 14? Who does she draw the rune on?
2. What purpose does the Epilogue serve in City of Ashes?
3. When does the Inquisitor arrive on Valentine's ship in Chapter 18? What does she do upon arriving?
4. What does Clary discover once she's on Valentine's ship in Chapter 18?
5. What do Clary and Jace discuss in the Epilogue?
6. Where are Clary, Luke, and Jace going in Chapter 17? Why?
7. What exchange takes place between Valentine and Jace in Chapter 13?
8. How does Clary manage to destroy Valentine's ship in Chapter 19?
9. How does the Inquisitor save Jace's life in Chapter 18?
10. What exchange takes place between Clary and Luke in the Epilogue?
This section contains 931 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)