|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the title of Chapter 9?
(a) "The Mortal Sword."
(b) "The Seelie Court."
(c) "And Death Shall Have No Dominion."
(d) "Valentines's Arrow."
2. Where does Luke say he knew Shadowhunters like Jace in Chapter 4?
(a) In Aruba.
(b) In Idris.
(c) In Abbadon.
(d) In London.
3. Since what age had Simon been a vegetarian, according to the narrator in Chapter 10?
(a) Since he was twelve.
(b) Since he was five.
(c) Since he was fifteen.
(d) Since he was ten.
4. Who claims that Shadowhunters are "like a cult" in Chapter 4?
5. Where does Clary get off the subway in Chapter 5?
(a) The Bedford stop.
(b) The Times Square stop.
(c) The 96th Street stop.
(d) The 12th Ave. stop.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Luke's vehicle described in Chapter 11?
2. What has Luke left for Clary to eat for breakfast in Chapter 8?
3. Who is explaining anime to Clary in Chapter 1?
4. What is Valentine holding when he appears in Jace's cell in Chapter 5?
5. What does Clary claim the hospital coffee tastes like in Chapter 11?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Luke tell Clary about Simon in Chapter 11?
2. Who deduces Valentine's plan in Chapter 8? What is the plan?
3. How does Clary assist in freeing Jace from prison in Chapter 6?
4. What is "Glamour" in the narrative, and how does it apply at the Institute?
5. What is Simon's relationship with vampires in Chapters 8 and 9?
6. On what condition does the Faerie Queen say she'll release Clary from Seelie Court?
7. What does Clary dream about in the beginning of Chapter 8?
8. How do Clary and her friends reach Seelie Court? Who greets them there?
9. How did Valentine's "faked death" impact Jace and his perceptions of his family?
10. What is the significance of Simon's conversion to being a vampire in Chapter 10?
This section contains 962 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)