|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who had taken Luke's keys from him before he left in Chapter 3?
2. What is the rune that represents the Lightwood family of Shadowhunters?
(a) A star.
(b) A torch.
(c) A closed eye.
(d) A cat.
3. Who is revealed to be Jace's father in Chapter 1?
4. What is the last name that Maryse calls Lucian in Chapter 3?
5. Who is accused of being "mad" in the beginning of Chapter 1?
Short Answer Questions
1. Since what age had Simon been a vegetarian, according to the narrator in Chapter 10?
2. Who claims that the encounter with the demon was "fun" in Chapter 1?
3. What is Raphael described as being in Chapter 3?
4. What is the title of Chapter 10?
5. What is the title of Chapter 11?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Valentine's "faked death" impact Jace and his perceptions of his family?
2. Who does Clary encounter when she arrives at Luke's home in Chapter 11? What is discussed?
3. Why is Luke called after a werewolf has been discovered killed in Chapter 2? Who else arrives, and why?
4. What happens to Jace after he is imprisoned in Chapter 5?
5. What does Luke tell Clary about Simon in Chapter 11?
6. What is "Glamour" in the narrative, and how does it apply at the Institute?
7. What does Clary relate to her mother in Chapter 11? Who overhears her?
8. What are Valentine's major objectives that are introduced in the Prologue? What is Valentine's history with the Clave?
9. How does Clary assist in freeing Jace from prison in Chapter 6?
10. How is the theme of prejudice addressed in Chapters 10 and 11 of the novel?
This section contains 929 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)