|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Clary in her dream in the beginning of Chapter 8?
(a) Coney Island.
(d) San Francisco.
2. Who leads the Shadowhunters toward the entrance to Bone City in Chapter 7?
3. Who had taken Luke's keys from him before he left in Chapter 3?
4. What hospital is described in the opening of Chapter 11?
(a) The Kings County Hospital.
(b) The St. Ives Hospital.
(c) The Beth Israel Hospital.
(d) The Bellevue Hospital.
5. What is the name of Maia's older brother who had been unbearably cruel to her?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Luke say he knew Shadowhunters like Jace in Chapter 4?
2. Where did the blood come from that has been brought to the cemetery in Chapter 10?
3. How old was Clary when she fell out of a tree on the farm and broke her arm?
4. What is the rune that represents the Lightwood family of Shadowhunters?
5. What is the title of Chapter 4?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Clary assist in freeing Jace from prison in Chapter 6?
2. What conversation takes place between Jace and Valentine in Chapter 5?
3. How do Clary and her friends reach Seelie Court? Who greets them there?
4. What does Luke tell Clary about Simon in Chapter 11?
5. What is the significance of Simon's conversion to being a vampire in Chapter 10?
6. Why is Luke called after a werewolf has been discovered killed in Chapter 2? Who else arrives, and why?
7. What does Clary relate to her mother in Chapter 11? Who overhears her?
8. Who is Jocelyn and what is the status of her condition in City of Ashes?
9. What is Simon's relationship with vampires in Chapters 8 and 9?
10. How did Valentine's "faked death" impact Jace and his perceptions of his family?
This section contains 907 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)