|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Raphael described as being in Chapter 3?
(a) A demon.
(b) A vampire.
(c) A werewolf.
(d) A Shadowhunter.
2. What do Clary and her friends eat in Chapter 4?
3. Who is the cat that leads Jace and his friends to Maryse in Chapter 3?
4. Who wrote the following quote that opens Part One of the novel: "I believe I am in Hell, therefore I am"?
(a) Arthur Rimbaud.
(b) Emily Dickinson.
(c) Edgar Allan Poe.
(d) Anne Rice.
5. What color are Maryse's eyes described as in Chapter 1?
(a) "Smoky brown."
(b) "Glacial blue."
(d) "Vibrant green."
6. Who digs Simon's grave in Chapter 10?
7. Where does Luke say he knew Shadowhunters like Jace in Chapter 4?
(a) In London.
(b) In Abbadon.
(c) In Aruba.
(d) In Idris.
8. Where did the blood come from that has been brought to the cemetery in Chapter 10?
(a) A child's grave in New Jersey.
(b) A butcher shop in Greenpoint.
(c) A blood bank in Brooklyn.
(d) A hosptial in Queens.
9. Where is Jace being held in Chapter 5?
(a) Valentine's ship.
(b) The Institute.
(c) The Silent City.
(d) San Quentin.
10. Who claims that Shadowhunters are "like a cult" in Chapter 4?
11. What does Luke claim to be in Chapter 3?
(a) A lycanthrope.
(b) A demon.
(c) A vampire.
(d) A werewolf.
12. Who leads the Shadowhunters toward the entrance to Bone City in Chapter 7?
13. Who is the boy that is drawing the pentagram in the Prologue?
14. Who is the Silent Brother that enters Jace's cell in Chapter 5?
15. What has Luke left for Clary to eat for breakfast in Chapter 8?
(a) A doughnut.
(b) A Danish.
(c) A bowl of cereal.
(d) A bagel.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is described as the youngest Lightwood in Chapter 1?
2. Who has Valentine already killed for his ritual, as revealed in Chapter 8?
3. How old was Clary when she fell out of a tree on the farm and broke her arm?
4. What does Luke claim his last name is in Chapter 3?
5. What color is Isabelle's coat described as in Chapter 11?
This section contains 374 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)