|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who sends Clary a text message in the beginning of Chapter 5?
2. Who is the cat that leads Jace and his friends to Maryse in Chapter 3?
3. Who has brought the blood to the cemetery in Chapter 10?
4. Where does Luke's note on the refrigerater say he's gone in the beginning of Chapter 8?
(a) To the Institute.
(b) To the cemetery.
(c) To the hospital.
(d) To Valentine's ship.
5. What is the rune that represents the Lightwood family of Shadowhunters?
(a) A closed eye.
(b) A star.
(c) A torch.
(d) A cat.
6. What has Luke left for Clary to eat for breakfast in Chapter 8?
(a) A doughnut.
(b) A Danish.
(c) A bagel.
(d) A bowl of cereal.
7. What is the title of Chapter 7?
(a) "City of Ashes."
(b) "The Mortal Sword."
(c) "The Inquisitor."
(d) "The Cuckoo in the Nest."
8. Where is the cemetery located that Clary and her friends go to in the beginning of Chapter 10?
(a) Brooklyn, New York.
(b) Queens, New York.
(c) New Orleans, Louisiana.
(d) Plainview, New Jersey.
9. Who has gone to get coffee on the third floor of the hospital in the beginning of Chapter 11?
10. Who digs Simon's grave in Chapter 10?
11. The narrator says in the beginning of Chapter 3, "The first time Clary had ever seen the Institute, it had looked like" what?
(a) "A broken down factory."
(b) "An old shack."
(c) "A dilapidated church."
(d) "A shiny skyscraper."
12. What mark is said to decorate the "hand of every Shadowhunter" in Chapter 6?
(a) A star.
(b) A sword.
(c) A diamond.
(d) An eye.
13. What color are Maryse's eyes described as in Chapter 1?
(a) "Vibrant green."
(b) "Smoky brown."
(d) "Glacial blue."
14. Who claims that Shadowhunters are "like a cult" in Chapter 4?
15. How old is Luke said to be in Chapter 4?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who has Luke killed, according to Raphael in Chapter 3?
2. Whose apartment do Clary and Simon visit in Chapter 8?
3. Who brings Simon to the Institute in Chapter 9?
4. How many floors comprise the Metropole, according to the narrator in the Prologue?
5. Since what age had Simon been a vegetarian, according to the narrator in Chapter 10?
This section contains 372 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)