|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What department does Thorby request to join?
2. What date does Thorby have to appear in court?
3. What is Colonel Bisby's Executive Officer Vice Colonel's nickname?
4. What is Thorby's nickname aboard the Hydra?
5. What has the finest shipyards in the explored Galaxy?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Thorby do to hurry the search for his blood family?
2. What does Thorby learn about Baslim?
3. What leads Captain Bisby to discover who Thoby's blood relatives are?
4. What is the trade on Woolamurra?
5. At the Gathering what does Captain Krausa discover that changes Thorby's life?
6. Describe the method of trading on Finster.
7. What is Baslim's theory on the slave trade?
8. What is the history of the Sisu?
9. What makes Woolamurra ideal if Thorby no longer wants to be a trader?
10. What is the Gathering?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Part 1) Describe Garsch's character given what is seen in the story.
Part 2) What is likely to be Garsch's future involvement with Thorby?
Part 3) What about Garsch's character was the most helpful to Thorby and his endeavors?
Essay Topic 2
Part 1) Describe Thorby's relationship with his biological family when he is reunited at the end of the story.
Part 2) In what way does this relationship with his biological family compare to the relationship with his two past foster families?
Part 3) What seems to be Thorby's biological family's feelings in regards to Thorby? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
Part 1) Explain Thorby's reaction to being in charge of the family company and the family money.
Part 2) Why does Thorby say that he is better at being a beggar than being wealthy?
This section contains 590 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)