|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did the chair bearers say nothing?
2. What did Baslim have the slave boy do first?
3. Under hypnosis, what suggestion does Baslim give Thorby?
4. Where did Thorby hide from the patrolman?
5. How did Thorby open the door?
Short Essay Questions
1. Under hypnosis, what does Baslim learn about Thorby?
2. Why does Baslim dislike hypnosis?
3. Who is Thorby's mentor on the ship and what is his rank?
4. What does the beggar do with the boy when he gets to his home?
5. In his new family what must Thorby learn to address them correctly?
6. What did Thorby learn of the begging trade?
7. What does the captain do for Thorby?
8. Where does Thorby go from Joy Street, and why?
9. Describe Captain Krausa.
10. Describe Thorby's room on board the Sisu.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Part 1) Describe Thorby's relationship with Baslim.
Part 2) Do Thorby's feelings about Baslim change any after he learns about Baslim's past life and current missions?
Part 3) What is Baslim's attitude toward Thorby? What does he do that shows his feelings about Thorby?
Essay Topic 2
Choose one of the following to write about.
Part 1) The Free Traders have a culture that is unique to themselves. Compare the culture found among the Free Traders to that of a real culture, present or past.
Part 2) Write a short story on the way that slavery began that fits into the story line of CITIZEN OF THE GALAXY.
Essay Topic 3
Thorby has relationships with several different females throughout the story.
Part 1: What role do these relationships play in the story? In Thorby's life?
Part 2: Is it possible that Thorby cared for any of these girls enough to have married them under different circumstances? Explain your answer.
This section contains 736 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)