|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the goal of the "X" Corps?
(a) To eliminate slave trade.
(b) To go where no man has.
(c) To see the other side of the galaxy.
(d) To stop alien overpopulation.
2. Who succeeded Grandmother as Chief Officer?
(a) Captain Krausa's wife.
(b) El Nida's captain's wife.
3. What did Thorby's Mother on Sisu send him before lift off?
(a) An open invitation back to the Sisu.
(b) A large amount of money.
(c) A new suit of clothes.
(d) A new book of geneology.
4. How many ships ago was the original Sisu built?
(a) Four ships ago.
(b) Five ships ago.
(c) Six ships ago.
(d) Eight ships ago.
5. What is the play about?
(a) The life of those who live on Sisu.
(b) The life of the first Captain Krausa.
(c) The life of the Family.
(d) The life of the Chief Officer.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Grandfather Bradley describe himself?
2. Why did Thorby become an actor?
3. Who tells Thorby about Baslim?
4. Where did the Hydra lift from?
5. What did Thorby understand about Uncle Jack?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Thorby's plan to escape his family bodyguards?
2. What is the history of the Sisu?
3. At the Gathering what does Captain Krausa discover that changes Thorby's life?
4. Describe the method of trading on Finster.
5. Describe Leda.
6. What does Thorby confide in Leda?
7. Who is Thorby identified to be?
8. What does Thorby learn about Baslim?
9. What is Thorby's idea concerning the investigation of the slave trade?
10. What is the trade on Woolamurra?
This section contains 616 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)