|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who witnessed the adoption?
(a) The judge.
(b) The new family only.
(c) The entire ship's company.
(d) The population of Finland.
2. What is tattooed on Thorby after his manumission?
(a) A new beggar number.
(b) A line through his slave number, the Sargon's seal, book and page number of his freedom
(c) A union number.
(d) A new free man's i.d.
3. What is the only thing Baslim possessed upon his death?
(a) His artificial eye.
(b) His beggar's bowl.
(c) His artificial leg.
(d) His adopted son.
4. What was lot ninety-six?
(a) A pair of blond boys.
(b) A pair of geese.
(c) A pair of blond girls.
(d) A pair of shoes.
5. Thorby is promoted to what?
(a) Starboard fire-control computer.
(b) Control computer.
(c) Starboard computer maintenence.
(d) Bulkhead fire station.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Baslim's home located?
2. What did Baslim ask of Captain Krausa?
3. Why did Baslim choose to beg in the Plaza of Liberty?
4. Where did Thorby go when the patrolmen came?
5. What did Thorby and Baslim do at the Plaza of Liberty?
Short Essay Questions
1. What news does Thorby receive when seeing the fortune teller on Joy Street?
2. What makes Losian a safe planet?
3. Who bought lot ninety-seven, and how?
4. Who is Thorby's mentor on the ship and what is his rank?
5. In his new family what must Thorby learn to address them correctly?
6. What happened that Thorby wanted to be seen?
7. Why does Thorby's thigh hurt?
8. Describe Thorby's room on board the Sisu.
9. What is Dr.Mader's opinion of The People's freedom?
10. How does the beggar get the boy home to his hole?
This section contains 696 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)