|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened when Thorby left his bunk?
(a) It automatically fitted itself in the bulkhead.
(b) It stayed there.
(c) It vanished like an illusion.
(d) He fell down.
2. How many languages does Thorby speak?
3. What did Thorby buy from Inga?
(a) A bellfruit.
(b) An apple.
(c) A melon.
(d) A starfruit.
4. Who did Thorby have to see?
(a) The harbor master.
(b) The sargeant to see if Pop is dead.
(d) The skipper of the Sisu.
5. The boy in the corridor does what to Thorby?
(a) He is friendly and helpful.
(b) He gets Thorby something to eat.
(c) He stops and talks a long time.
(d) He walks by like he does not see him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did the chair bearers say nothing?
2. What did the captain hide Thorby in to get him aboard ship?
3. Who did Thorby tell the gentleman he was?
4. How did Thorby get to the honky-tonk neighborhood?
5. What happened to Thorby once he was on board?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who does "the man" turn out to be?
2. Why does Thorby's thigh hurt?
3. Under hypnosis, what does Baslim learn about Thorby?
4. Describe what Thorby bought sightseeing on Lorsian.
5. Who bought lot ninety-seven, and how?
6. Why does Baslim dislike hypnosis?
7. Where does Thorby go from Joy Street, and why?
8. Describe Thorby's room on board the Sisu.
9. In the ship's school what is the subject Thorby excelled at?
10. Upon Baslim's death what does he ask Thorby to do?
This section contains 650 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)