|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What game did Mata want Thorby to play before dinner?
2. What did the youngster call Thorby when serving his meals?
3. Who did Thorby tell the gentleman he was?
(a) The son of The Merry Widow's master.
(b) A poor slave boy.
(c) The son of a poor tailor.
(d) The son of Baslim the Cripple.
4. Thorby is promoted to what?
(a) Control computer.
(b) Starboard fire-control computer.
(c) Bulkhead fire station.
(d) Starboard computer maintenence.
5. What happened when Thorby left his bunk?
(a) He fell down.
(b) It stayed there.
(c) It vanished like an illusion.
(d) It automatically fitted itself in the bulkhead.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Mother Shaum leave her house in before curfew?
2. Who did she leave her keys with?
3. What language does Captain Krausa speak?
4. Where did Thorby sleep?
5. Who did Baslim say the message was for?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Thorby discover after he returns home after attempting to deliver the message at the ship harbor?
2. Why does Baslim dislike hypnosis?
3. Describe Thorby's room on board the Sisu.
4. What does the policeman reveal in his conversation with Auntie Singham?
5. What makes Losian a safe planet?
6. What news does Thorby receive when seeing the fortune teller on Joy Street?
7. Describe Captain Krausa.
8. Where does Thorby go from Joy Street, and why?
9. In the ship's school what is the subject Thorby excelled at?
10. Once outside in the hallways of the ship what does Thorby discover?
This section contains 663 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)