|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was Thorby's mentor?
(a) Jeri Kingsolver.
(b) Chelan Krausa-Drotar.
(c) Captain Krause.
(d) Dr. Mader.
2. Who is Baslim the Cripple?
(a) A merchant.
(b) A beggar.
(c) A king.
(d) A nobleman.
3. How did Baslim die?
(a) He shot himself.
(b) He poisoned himself.
(c) He hung himself.
(d) He died in the explosion.
4. Who is Dr. Samuel Renshaw?
(a) A man from Earth who Baslim knows.
(b) A man from Earth that grew a garden.
(c) A man from Earth that taught about the mind.
(d) Baslim's penpal from Earth.
5. What is the only clear planet in Thorby's remembrance?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Thorby tell the gentleman he was?
2. What is Thorby to buy from the man at the shipyard area?
3. What are the characteristics of Syndonian ears?
4. What was the name of the neighborhood that was not under curfew?
5. What is manumission?
Short Essay Questions
1. Under hypnosis, what does Baslim learn about Thorby?
2. Describe the gentleman that Thorby sees late one night.
3. Who does "the man" turn out to be?
4. What is Baslim trying to teach Thorby using Doctor Renshaw's method?
5. What news does Thorby receive when seeing the fortune teller on Joy Street?
6. Once outside in the hallways of the ship what does Thorby discover?
7. In the ship's school what is the subject Thorby excelled at?
8. What does Thorby discover after he returns home after attempting to deliver the message at the ship harbor?
9. How does the beggar get the boy home to his hole?
10. In his new family what must Thorby learn to address them correctly?
This section contains 665 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)