|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Thorby's real name?
(a) T.B. Rain.
(b) Thor Bradley Rudbek.
(c) Thorby Baslim.
(d) Thor Edward Rudbek.
2. Where did Thorby want to go?
3. What was Thorby's father's last name?
4. What has the finest shipyards in the explored Galaxy?
5. What is the name of Thorby's secretary?
6. What is the play about?
(a) The life of the Family.
(b) The life of the Chief Officer.
(c) The life of the first Captain Krausa.
(d) The life of those who live on Sisu.
7. What was Thorby's father investigating when he went missing?
(a) His company's involvment in the slave trade.
(b) His loyalty to the company.
(c) He was on vacation.
(d) His starship manufacturing plant.
8. How does Grandfather Bradley describe himself?
(a) A smart business man.
(b) A grand old man.
(c) A philosophical pacifist.
(d) A shrewd professor.
9. What does Thorby do after burning a raider?
(a) Eat dinner alone.
(b) Write out a report.
(c) Have dinner with Grandmother.
(d) Explain himself to the captain.
10. What is a skill Thorby believes will be beneficial to the Guard?
(a) His knowledge of begging.
(b) His knowledge of many languages.
(c) His knowledge of Farkis.
(d) His knowlede of Dr. Mader.
11. What does Thorby want to do when he leaves the business?
(a) Be a school teacher.
(b) Live on a mail ship.
(c) Be an anthropologist.
(d) Join the Guard.
12. Where did Thorby and his parents leave when they were missing?
13. Where could Thorby look for the records on Baslim?
(a) The logs of The Saturn.
(b) The logs of The James B. Quinn.
(c) The logs of The Kracken.
(d) The logs of The New Hansea.
14. How was Rudbek and Rudbek City connected?
(a) By escalator.
(b) By busline.
(c) By high-speed sliding tunnel.
(d) By jetplane.
15. What is the goal of the "X" Corps?
(a) To eliminate slave trade.
(b) To stop alien overpopulation.
(c) To go where no man has.
(d) To see the other side of the galaxy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Colonel Bisby do after Thorby recited the code?
2. How was Thorby identified?
3. Why does Leda own more stock in Rudbek businesses than Uncle Jack?
4. What did Baslim do to earn the family's debt?
5. The ship's journey took them closer to what?
This section contains 438 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)