|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What language does Thorby reveal his message in?
(b) Suomish version.
(c) Nine Worlds trade lingo.
2. What happened when Thorby left his bunk?
(a) He fell down.
(b) It vanished like an illusion.
(c) It automatically fitted itself in the bulkhead.
(d) It stayed there.
3. What did Baslim have the slave boy do first?
(a) Take a bath.
(b) Take a nap.
(c) Clean the rug.
(d) Sweep the floor.
4. What art did Baslim learn as a young man?
(a) Personal reflextion.
5. Who did Thorby tell the gentleman he was?
(a) The son of The Merry Widow's master.
(b) The son of a poor tailor.
(c) The son of Baslim the Cripple.
(d) A poor slave boy.
6. How did Thorby open the door?
(a) By running his hands over the wall panels.
(b) By placing his thumb in a thumbscan.
(c) By using the door handle.
(d) By calling out loudly until someone heard him.
7. What was the brand of Baslim's household clock?
8. Where is Baslim's home located?
(a) Under the old palace.
(b) Under the old hospital.
(c) Under the graveyard.
(d) Under the old amphitheater.
9. What subjects did Thorby love to study?
(a) History and math.
(b) History and galactography.
(c) Arts and music.
10. What are the characteristics of Syndonian ears?
(a) They have none.
(b) Short, pointed and hairy.
(c) Long, hairy, and pointed.
(d) Long, round and smooth.
11. What did Baslim use to help Thorby remember the message?
(a) A language instructor.
(c) Rewards when he gets it right.
(d) A beating.
12. Who has been swapped out of the computer firecontrol room?
13. Where did Thorby hide from the patrolman?
(a) In an elderly couples home.
(b) Behind a deli.
(c) Under a washtub.
(d) In a laundry.
14. What did Baslim ask of Captain Krausa?
(a) Entrusts Thorby into his care.
(b) Send Thorby to university.
(c) Help Thorby get to the country.
(d) Make Thorby a deckhand.
15. Who is Captain Krausa?
(a) The harbormaster.
(b) The grocer on the corner.
(c) The sargeant for the Sargon.
(d) The skipper of the Sisu.
Short Answer Questions
1. Baslim believes Thorby to be a citizen of what land?
2. What does Dr.Mader think of the People's freedom?
3. What is lot ninety-seven?
4. Who financed the beggar to purchase lot ninety-seven?
5. If Thorby is not a slave, then what is he?
This section contains 432 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)