|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was Thorby born?
2. What is manumission?
(a) The process needed to board a ship.
(b) The process to become a beggar.
(c) The process to go to university.
(d) The process to free a slave.
3. What does it mean to be "shortened"?
(a) Drawn and quartered.
(b) Placed on the rack.
(c) Your legs cut off.
(d) Your head cut off and placed on a stake.
4. How many desserts did Thorby lose to Jeri?
(a) Six nights' worth.
(b) Four nights' worth.
(c) Two nights' worth.
(d) Ten nights' worth.
5. Where did Thorby go to hide from the patrolmen?
(a) Auntie Singham's cave.
(b) A beanfield in the country.
(c) Ziggie's house.
(d) Mother Shaum's taphouse.
6. What was outside the entrance of Thorby's home?
(a) A night watchman.
(b) A woman.
(d) A patrolman.
7. What subjects did Thorby love to study?
(b) History and galactography.
(c) History and math.
(d) Arts and music.
8. What was contained in Baslim's artificial eye?
(b) A camera.
(c) A voice recorder.
(d) A money storage.
9. What did Thorby and Baslim do at the Plaza of Liberty?
(d) Pick up trash.
10. What did not change even though Baslim acquired another mattress?
(a) Thorby continued to sleep outside.
(b) Thorby continued to sleep with him.
(c) Thorby continued to sleep in the corner.
(d) Thorby continued to sleep under the table.
11. What was the brand of Baslim's household clock?
12. What art did Baslim learn as a young man?
(d) Personal reflextion.
13. Why did Auntie tell Thorby to hide?
(a) There is a reward for him.
(b) She wants him to go home?
(c) Baslim told her to.
(d) He is breaking curfew.
14. What does Thorby want Dr.Mader to tell Mata?
(a) He is sorry he didn't get to see her.
(b) He is sorry she is going to be gone.
(c) He is sorry he didn't get to say goodbye.
(d) He would have married her.
15. What did the woman tell Thorby to do after the patrolman left?
(a) "Let's eat, you must be starved."
(b) "Stay where you are."
(c) "Come on into the house."
(d) "Leave and don't come back."
Short Answer Questions
1. If Thorby is not a slave, then what is he?
2. What are the characteristics of Syndonian ears?
3. What did Thorby buy from Inga?
4. Who is Baslim the Cripple?
5. Baslim believes Thorby to be a citizen of what land?
This section contains 414 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)