|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of the ship that brought Thorby to the slave auction?
(a) The Black Diamond.
(b) The Merry Widow.
(c) The Popular Ride.
(d) The Jolly Roger.
2. What happened to Thorby once he was on board?
(a) He trembled with fear.
(b) He hid in the space shuttle.
(c) He cried loudly.
(d) He passed out because of the verga leaves.
3. Dr.Mader was packing to go where?
(a) Another ship .
(d) Art School.
4. Who is Baslim the Cripple?
(a) A beggar.
(b) A king.
(c) A merchant.
(d) A nobleman.
5. The boy in the corridor does what to Thorby?
(a) He is friendly and helpful.
(b) He walks by like he does not see him.
(c) He gets Thorby something to eat.
(d) He stops and talks a long time.
6. What kind of clothes are left for Thorby?
(a) Shirt and shorts.
(b) A robe.
(c) A breech clout.
(d) A spacesuit.
7. What does not necessarily show up in appearance?
8. What language does Captain Krausa speak?
(a) Seven Worlds trade lingo.
(b) Nine Worlds trade lingo.
9. What did Thorby buy from Inga?
(a) A bellfruit.
(b) An apple.
(c) A melon.
(d) A starfruit.
10. Who did she leave her keys with?
(b) Captain Krausa.
11. What trade is Ziggie teaching Thorby?
(a) To be a pickpocket.
(b) To be a juggler.
(c) To accost women.
(d) To be a blacksmith.
12. What language did Thorby learn living in the bachelor's quarters?
13. Upon entering his home what did Baslim do?
(a) Turned on the television.
(b) Put on an artififcal leg.
(c) Fried an egg for dinner.
(d) Take a bath.
14. Where did Thorby go to hide from the patrolmen?
(a) Ziggie's house.
(b) A beanfield in the country.
(c) Mother Shaum's taphouse.
(d) Auntie Singham's cave.
15. What art did Baslim learn as a young man?
(c) Personal reflextion.
Short Answer Questions
1. Anthropology is the study of_________________.
2. What is Thorby's full name now?
3. Where is Baslim's home located?
4. How many limbs did the Lorsians have?
5. What caused the beggar to believe the boy was not docile?
This section contains 379 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)