|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Upon entering his home what did Baslim do?
(a) Put on an artififcal leg.
(b) Take a bath.
(c) Fried an egg for dinner.
(d) Turned on the television.
2. Who did Thorby tell the gentleman he was?
(a) The son of The Merry Widow's master.
(b) The son of a poor tailor.
(c) The son of Baslim the Cripple.
(d) A poor slave boy.
3. Baslim believes Thorby to be a citizen of what land?
4. How did Baslim die?
(a) He shot himself.
(b) He died in the explosion.
(c) He hung himself.
(d) He poisoned himself.
5. What does Baslim want Thorby to do after he dies?
(a) Keep his spot on the Plaza.
(b) Seek out a certain man and give him a message.
(c) Rent out his room.
(d) Make more money at pickpocketing.
6. To Thorby, Earth is a what?
(a) Cruel planet.
(c) Vacation spot.
7. What is manumission?
(a) The process to become a beggar.
(b) The process to free a slave.
(c) The process needed to board a ship.
(d) The process to go to university.
8. Where did Thorby go when the patrolmen came?
(a) Across the street.
(b) Down the alley.
(c) Inside the cabaret.
(d) Hid behind the cabaret.
9. Thorby is promoted to what?
(a) Control computer.
(b) Starboard computer maintenence.
(c) Bulkhead fire station.
(d) Starboard fire-control computer.
10. Baslim began teaching Thorby to do what?
(c) Play music.
11. Who financed the beggar to purchase lot ninety-seven?
(a) The noblewoman on the middle row.
(b) The alms collector.
(c) Dwarol the Syndonian.
(d) The auctioneer.
12. Dr.Mader was packing to go where?
(c) Art School.
(d) Another ship .
13. What does Thorby want Dr.Mader to tell Mata?
(a) He is sorry she is going to be gone.
(b) He would have married her.
(c) He is sorry he didn't get to see her.
(d) He is sorry he didn't get to say goodbye.
14. What did the captain hide Thorby in to get him aboard ship?
(a) A loose tire.
(b) A crate of verga leaves.
(c) A space shuttle.
(d) A suitcase.
15. What language does Thorby reveal his message in?
(a) Nine Worlds trade lingo.
(d) Suomish version.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the anthropologist aboard the Sisu?
2. What kind of clothes are left for Thorby?
3. What does not necessarily show up in appearance?
4. What is lot ninety-seven?
5. What part of the boy made Baslim think he was of unmutated Earth people?
This section contains 415 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)