|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Baslim use to help Thorby remember the message?
(a) Rewards when he gets it right.
(c) A language instructor.
(d) A beating.
2. Who did she leave her keys with?
(d) Captain Krausa.
3. What did Thorby do to conceal himself from the patrolmen?
(a) Pretended to be a hired man and sweep the floor.
(b) Pretended to be a hired man and changed a light bulb.
(c) Pretended to be a hired man and changed the letters on the sign.
(d) Pretended to be a hired man and served them a drink.
4. What was in his bowl that the gentleman took?
(a) A rock.
(b) A piece of food.
(c) A tiny flat cylinder.
(d) His money.
5. Why was begging harder for Thorby?
(a) He develops an attitude.
(b) He is growing into a healthy strong youth.
(c) He develops an infection on his tatoo.
(d) He falls in love.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of the ship that brought Thorby to the slave auction?
2. What is lot ninety-seven?
3. What is Auntie Singham's profession?
4. What is manumission?
5. Who financed the beggar to purchase lot ninety-seven?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)