|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Baslim want Thorby to do after he dies?
(a) Make more money at pickpocketing.
(b) Rent out his room.
(c) Seek out a certain man and give him a message.
(d) Keep his spot on the Plaza.
2. What was in his bowl that the gentleman took?
(a) A tiny flat cylinder.
(b) His money.
(c) A piece of food.
(d) A rock.
3. What is manumission?
(a) The process to free a slave.
(b) The process to go to university.
(c) The process to become a beggar.
(d) The process needed to board a ship.
4. Baslim began teaching Thorby to do what?
(b) Play music.
5. Who is Baslim the Cripple?
(a) A beggar.
(b) A king.
(c) A nobleman.
(d) A merchant.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was begging harder for Thorby?
2. What did Baslim have the slave boy do first?
3. Who is Dr. Samuel Renshaw?
4. Where did Thorby hide from the patrolman?
5. What does not necessarily show up in appearance?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)