• Thorby is a small frail boy up for bid at a slave auction.
• A beggar, Baslim, buys Thorby for a very small price.
• Baslim takes Thorby home and feeds him, finding that Thorby has malnutrition and abuse issues.
• Baslim is kind to Thorby and Thorby cries himself to sleep holding onto Baslim.
• Thorby is plagued by severe nightmares.
• Baslim probes Thorby's mind and finds that Thorby was born free and English was his first language.
• Thorby is strong and healthy and since his begging becomes less effective he begins stealing.
• Baslim offers to free Thorby but Thorby begs to be kept on as a slave.
• Thorby continues to do well in his private studies with Baslim.
• Baslim has Thorby deliver strange cryptic messages.
• Baslim wants Thorby to go somewhere to have a chance to make a better life for himself but Thorby runs away rather...
This section contains 1,376 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)