|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On what date was Mark Duggan murdered?
(a) December 4, 2006.
(b) August 4, 2011.
(c) February 26, 2012.
(d) August 29, 2005.
2. What does the author claim "the destination" is in Chapter 5?
3. With whom was the collaboration for the script described in Chapter 6?
(a) Chris Marker.
(b) Sherman James.
(c) John Lucas.
(d) Jennifer Capriati.
4. Chapter 6 is described by the author as a script for what?
(a) A docu-drama.
(b) An historical play.
(c) A situation video.
(d) A web series.
5. Who murdered James Craig Anderson?
(a) Deryl Dedmon.
(b) John Lucas.
(c) George Zimmerman.
(d) Jayson Musson.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 6, the author writes, "The days of our childhood together were steep steps into a" what?
2. Where did James Craig Anderson work?
3. How does the author describe the houses in Louisiana during Katrina in Chapter 6?
4. What does the author describe metaphorically in Chapter 5 as "well-oiled doors opening and closing between intention, gesture"?
5. In "Long Form Birth Certificate" in Chapter 6, the author writes, "All living is listening for" what?
Short Essay Questions
1. What assertions does the author make regarding the James Craig Anderson incident in Chapter 6?
2. How does the author describe the effects of Hurricane Katrina in Chapter 6?
3. How does the term "microaggression" apply in Chapter 5?
4. How is the theme of anger explored in Chapter 6?
5. What color is explored in Chapter 5? What does this color represent for the author?
6. How does the narrator describe overcoming her inner struggle in the conclusion of Chapter 5?
7. What is the author referring to when she writes "I was creating a life study of a monumental first person, a Brahmin first person"?
8. What theme is explored by the author in examining the Trayvon Martin case in Chapter 6?
9. How does the author compare the Rodney King beating and the death of Mark Duggan in Chapter 6?
10. What scenario does the author present when an unnamed man is arrested in Chapter 6?
This section contains 832 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)