|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What word from Chapter 5 means censored or obscured?
2. What does the author claim "won't attach you to anything no matter how depleted you feel" in Chapter 5?
3. On what date did the center of Hurricane Katrina pass southeast of New Orleans, Louisiana?
(a) June 26, 2005.
(b) August 29, 2005.
(c) February 26, 2012.
(d) August 4, 2011.
4. What does the author claim "the destination" is in Chapter 5?
5. Where did James Craig Anderson work?
(a) At a Chevrolet plant.
(b) At a Nissan plant.
(c) At a Ford plant.
(d) At a Toyota plant.
Short Answer Questions
1. The author writes in Chapter 5, "Exactly why we survive and can look back with furrowed brow is" what?
2. What is the narrator instructed to do after being fingerprinted and stripped in "Stop-and-Frisk" in Chapter 6?
3. On what date was James Craig Anderson murdered?
4. What word in Chapter 5 means to cease resistance to an enemy or opponent and submit to their authority?
5. Who shot and killed Trayvon Martin?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are some examples of imagery (simile, metaphor, etc.) in Chapter 5?
2. How is the theme of anger explored in Chapter 6?
3. What does Hurricane Katrina symbolize for the author?
4. What scenario does the author describe while waiting at a bar of a restaurant in Chapter 5?
5. What theme is explored when the narrator describes her experience in the drug store in Chapter 5?
6. What is an example of irony in Chapter 5? How does this example serve the work?
7. What scenario does the author present when an unnamed man is arrested in Chapter 6?
8. How is the theme of the pain of prejudice explored in Chapter 6?
9. How are "words" presented in Chapter 5?
10. What does the author state regarding the Jena Six case in Chapter 6?
This section contains 802 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)