|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was James Craig Anderson murdered?
(a) Oxford, Mississippi.
(b) Sarasota, Florida.
(c) Jackson, Mississippi.
(d) Little Rock, Arkansas.
2. The author writes in Chapter 6, "The prison is not a place you enter. It is" what?
(a) "A silence."
(b) "A place you die."
(c) "No place."
(d) "A hell."
3. In Chapter 5, the author writes of a "Blue ceiling calling a body into the midst of" what?
4. What word does the author use in Chapter 5 to mean a thing that blocks one's way?
5. The author describes the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina in Chapter 6, saying that her friend said that the FEMA people all wanted to stay where?
(a) In Texas.
(b) In Arkansas.
(c) In Missouri.
(d) In Georgia.
6. What word in Chapter 5 means to cease resistance to an enemy or opponent and submit to their authority?
7. What word from Chapter 5 means relating or denoting the writing of letters?
8. What word from Chapter 6 refers to something suitable to become the subject of a lawsuit?
9. What does the author claim "won't attach you to anything no matter how depleted you feel" in Chapter 5?
10. With whom was the collaboration for the script described in Chapter 6?
(a) John Lucas.
(b) Jennifer Capriati.
(c) Chris Marker.
(d) Sherman James.
11. The author claims in Chapter 5, "Listen, you, I was creating a life study of" what?
(a) "A clown."
(b) "A monumental first person."
(c) "An alienated and unkind soul."
(d) "Our ancestors."
12. What does the author claim "the destination" is in Chapter 5?
13. What literary word employed by the author in Chapter 5 refers to a word that can function by itself as a noun phrase and that refers to either the participants or something else?
14. The author writes in Chapter 6, "My brother is completed by" what?
15. What word from Chapter 5 refers to a state of being pleasantly lost in one's thoughts?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did James Craig Anderson work?
2. What word from Chapter 5 refers to humor or frivolity, especially in the treatment of a serious matter?
3. The author claims in Chapter 5 that "the conversations you have with your eyes translate" what?
4. What color is described repeatedly throughout Chapter 5?
5. When was Trayvon Martin born?
This section contains 415 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)