|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the author describe pouring three bowls of in Chapter 5?
2. Where did James Craig Anderson work?
(a) At a Chevrolet plant.
(b) At a Ford plant.
(c) At a Toyota plant.
(d) At a Nissan plant.
3. What animal does the author describe "surveying movement against the calm, red sky at morning" in Chapter 5?
(a) A shark.
(b) A gray wolf.
(c) A red-tailed hawk.
(d) A bald eagle.
4. What does the ocean do regarding the "blues it can't absorb" in Chapter 5?
(a) It shivers.
(b) It flees.
(c) It hides.
(d) It blushes.
5. What was considered to be the murder weapon in James Craig Anderson's death?
(a) A truck.
(b) A rope.
(c) A knife.
(d) A gun.
6. What word does the author use in Chapter 5 to mean a thing that blocks one's way?
7. What does "FEMA" stand for?
(a) The Federal Extention Management Agency.
(b) The Federal Emergency Management Agency.
(c) The First Emercency Management Agency.
(d) The Financial Emergency Mitigation Agency.
8. What color is described repeatedly throughout Chapter 5?
9. Chapter 6 is described by the author as a script for what?
(a) A situation video.
(b) An historical play.
(c) A web series.
(d) A docu-drama.
10. What does the author claim "won't attach you to anything no matter how depleted you feel" in Chapter 5?
11. What is the narrator instructed to do after being fingerprinted and stripped in "Stop-and-Frisk" in Chapter 6?
(a) To leave and walk home.
(b) To speak with her lawyer.
(c) To step into the holding cell.
(d) To make a telephone call.
12. The author writes in Chapter 5, "Someone claimed we should use our skin as" what?
(b) "A blanket."
13. In a poetic monologue in Chapter 6, the author writes, "The hearts of my brothers are" what?
14. In Chapter 5, the author writes, "You give yourself back until nothing's left but the dissolving blues of" what?
15. On what date did the center of Hurricane Katrina pass southeast of New Orleans, Louisiana?
(a) August 4, 2011.
(b) August 29, 2005.
(c) February 26, 2012.
(d) June 26, 2005.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 6, the author says, "The fiction of the facts assumes innocence, ignorance, lack of intention" and what else?
2. What does the author describe around the collar of her big coat in Chapter 5?
3. The author writes in Chapter 5, "You begin to move around in search of the steps it will take before you are thrown back into your own body, back into your own need" for what?
4. What word from Chapter 5 means censored or obscured?
5. What word used in Chapter 5 refers to a caste in Hinduism specializing as priests, teachers, and protectors of sacred learning?
This section contains 450 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)