|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What tennis superstar expressed his shock that Serena Williams was able to hold it together after losing the semifinal match in the 2004 Women's U.S. Open?
(a) James Williams.
(b) Andre Agassi.
(c) John McEnroe.
(d) Roger Federer.
2. What tennis tournament have the Williams sisters boycotted since 2001?
(a) The ATP World Tour Finals.
(b) The Miami Open.
(c) The Madrid Open.
(d) The Indian Wells Masters.
3. What word from Chapter 5 means relating or denoting the writing of letters?
4. What does the author tell the reader not to lean against in Chapter 5?
(a) The judge.
(b) The fence.
(c) The peeling paint.
(d) The wallpaper.
5. What word does the author use in Chapter 5 to mean a thing that blocks one's way?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the woman at the cafe tell the author her son was not accepted at the college of her choice in Chapter 1?
2. The author writes in Chapter 7, "All our fevered history won't" do what?
3. On what date did the center of Hurricane Katrina pass southeast of New Orleans, Louisiana?
4. The author writes in Chapter 3, "After considering Butler's remarks, you begin to understand yourself as rendered" what?
5. According to the world's view, the author says in Chapter 4, "No one should adhere to the facts that contribute to" what?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)