|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the world say about memory and the past, according to the author in Chapter 4?
(a) To forget it.
(b) To analyze it.
(c) To question it.
(d) To embrace it.
2. What does the girl behind the school girl ask her to do when they are taking exams in Chapter 1?
(a) To lean to the right so she can copy her answers.
(b) To ask the teacher for a pencil.
(c) To tell the teacher that she is going to be sick.
(d) To go with her to the restroom.
3. What does the author tell the reader not to lean against in Chapter 5?
(a) The wallpaper.
(b) The judge.
(c) The peeling paint.
(d) The fence.
4. What word from Chapter 5 means relating or denoting the writing of letters?
5. The author claims in Chapter 1, "A friend argues that Americans battle between the 'historical self' and" what?
(a) "The need for power."
(b) "The 'future self.'"
(c) "The 'self self.'"
(d) "The 'cultural self.'"
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the performer who invented the persona of Hennessy Youngman?
2. What does "FEMA" stand for?
3. What does the word "fabricate" mean in Chapter 4?
4. What word from Chapter 5 refers to humor or frivolity, especially in the treatment of a serious matter?
5. The author writes in Chapter 6, "In a landscape drawn from an ocean bed, you can't drive yourself" what?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)