|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Rankine writes in Chapter 5, "You could build a world out of need or you could" do what?
(a) "Stand in silence."
(b) "Walk forward without looking."
(c) "Lose need altogether."
(d) "Hold everything black and see."
2. The author writes in Chapter 6, "In a landscape drawn from an ocean bed, you can't drive yourself" what?
(b) "To love."
(c) "To revenge."
3. What does the author describe her friend calling her because she is late in the beginning of Chapter 3?
(a) A "nappy-headed ho."
(b) A "sister."
(c) An "arrogant jerk."
(d) A "white woman."
4. Who is the "distinguished tennis chair umpire" described in Chapter 2 as "the most notorious of Serena's detractors"?
(a) Zora Neale Hurston.
(b) Mariana Alves.
(c) Chris Marker.
(d) Jayson Musson.
5. What word from Chapter 5 means relating or denoting the writing of letters?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who wrote the following quotation that opens the book: "If they don't see happiness in the picture, at least they'll see the black"?
2. Who is the researcher that came up with the term "John Henryism"?
3. Where was Trayvon Martin killed?
4. On what date was Mark Duggan murdered?
5. What word used in Chapter 5 refers to a caste in Hinduism specializing as priests, teachers, and protectors of sacred learning?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)