|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What tennis tournament have the Williams sisters boycotted since 2001?
(a) The Miami Open.
(b) The ATP World Tour Finals.
(c) The Indian Wells Masters.
(d) The Madrid Open.
2. The author claims in Chapter 1, "A friend argues that Americans battle between the 'historical self' and" what?
(a) "The 'cultural self.'"
(b) "The 'self self.'"
(c) "The need for power."
(d) "The 'future self.'"
3. What does the author claim that moaning elicits in Chapter 4?
4. The author claims in Chapter 5, "Listen, you, I was creating a life study of" what?
(a) "Our ancestors."
(b) "A monumental first person."
(c) "An alienated and unkind soul."
(d) "A clown."
5. What does the author's friend say when the author is questioned by the cashier in Chapter 3?
(a) "Back off."
(c) "Who are you to ask?"
(d) "What is your problem?"
Short Answer Questions
1. The author describes "the past" as a life sentence and uses what metaphor to describe it in Chapter 5?
2. In Chapter 5, the author writes of a "Blue ceiling calling a body into the midst of" what?
3. The author claims in Chapter 3 that "Language that feels hurtful is intended to exploit all the ways that you are" what?
4. Who is the "distinguished tennis chair umpire" described in Chapter 2 as "the most notorious of Serena's detractors"?
5. Where does the author solicit the reader to "Join me down here" in Chapter 5?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)