|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 3 – 4 .
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What word from Chapter 4 refers to a sentimental longing for the past?
2. What phrase is repeated in the first of the prints displayed in Chapter 3?
(a) "A past stacked among your pillows."
(b) "Your memory, vessel of your feelings."
(c) "Get you to Heaven."
(d) "I do not always feel colored."
3. What does the author say sighing does in Chapter 4?
(a) It elicits sympathy.
(b) It entices.
(c) It upsets.
(d) It encourages.
4. What is the name of the girl who sits behind the protagonist in the school room in Chapter 1?
(c) Sarah Anne.
(d) Mary Catherine.
5. How many bad calls did the umpire detractor make against Serena Williams in her semifinal matchup in 2004?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the performer who invented the persona of Hennessy Youngman?
2. In Chapter 3, the author writes, "Someone in the audience asks the man promoting his new book on humor what makes something funny. His answer is what you expect." What is the answer he gives?
3. What does the girl behind the school girl ask her to do when they are taking exams in Chapter 1?
4. Where has Judith Butler taught since 1993?
5. How old does the author describe the school girl in Chapter 1?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)