|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 1 – 2 .
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom did Serena Williams play in her semifinal matchup in the 2004 Women's U.S. Open?
(a) Mariana Alves.
(b) Venus Williams.
(c) Glenn Ligon.
(d) Jennifer Capriati.
2. What does the author describe her new therapist specializing in, in Chapter 1?
(a) Marriage counseling.
(b) Anxiety disorders.
(c) Family counseling.
(d) Trauma counseling.
3. Where does the school girl attend school in Chapter 1?
(a) The School for the Blind.
(b) The PS 242.
(c) The Sts. Philip and James School.
(d) The St. Edwards School.
4. The author writes in Chapter 1, "You are reminded of a conversation you had recently, comparing the merits of sentences constructed implicitly with 'yes, and' rather than" what?
(a) "No, and."
(b) "Yes, but."
(d) "No, but."
5. Where does the author describe being when she confronts a man for calling a group of teenagers "niggers" in Chapter 1?
(d) Burger King.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the girl who sits behind the protagonist in the school room in Chapter 1?
2. Who is the teacher described in Chapter 1?
3. What does the girl behind the school girl ask her to do when they are taking exams in Chapter 1?
4. What is the name of Serena Williams's sister?
5. Why does the woman at the cafe tell the author her son was not accepted at the college of her choice in Chapter 1?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)