|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 1 – 2 .
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom did Serena Williams play in her semifinal matchup in the 2004 Women's U.S. Open?
(a) Glenn Ligon.
(b) Mariana Alves.
(c) Jennifer Capriati.
(d) Venus Williams.
2. What does the author refer to "doubt" as in Chapter 1?
3. How many bad calls did the umpire detractor make against Serena Williams in her semifinal matchup in 2004?
4. Where does the author describe being when she confronts a man for calling a group of teenagers "niggers" in Chapter 1?
(d) Burger King.
5. What word from Chapter 2 means ordinary or everyday?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the author describe the passenger in her car telling her in Chapter 1?
2. What film does the author describe seeing with a friend in Chapter 1?
3. How many police cars arrived when the author's friend was harassed while babysitting for her in Chapter 1?
4. Who is the teacher described in Chapter 1?
5. What does the author describe Serena Williams doing during the Women's U.S. Open final in Chapter 2?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)