|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 1 – 2 .
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On what airline does the author describe sitting in a window seat in Chapter 1?
(a) Delta Airlines.
(b) United Airlines.
(c) Pan-Am Airlines.
(d) American Airlines.
2. What is the name of Serena Williams's sister?
(a) Angela Williams.
(b) Sarah Williams.
(c) Venus Williams.
(d) Marie Williams.
3. What does the author describe the passenger in her car telling her in Chapter 1?
(a) "That his dean is making him hire a person of color when there are so many great writers out there."
(b) "That his work was examining race in America."
(c) "He didn't care for his family or his friends."
(d) "That his wife is leaving him for the dean with whom she's been having an affair."
4. What does the girl behind the school girl ask her to do when they are taking exams in Chapter 1?
(a) To tell the teacher that she is going to be sick.
(b) To go with her to the restroom.
(c) To ask the teacher for a pencil.
(d) To lean to the right so she can copy her answers.
5. Who is the performer who invented the persona of Hennessy Youngman?
(a) Jayson Musson.
(b) Glenn Ligon.
(c) Zora Neale Hurston.
(d) Chris Marker.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the researcher that came up with the term "John Henryism"?
2. What word from Chapter 2 means to have commercialized something?
3. What is the name of Hennessy Youngman's internet series that the author discusses in Chapter 2?
4. How many bad calls did the umpire detractor make against Serena Williams in her semifinal matchup in 2004?
5. What does the author describe her new therapist specializing in, in Chapter 1?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)