|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 5, the author writes, "You give yourself back until nothing's left but the dissolving blues of" what?
2. What word from Chapter 4 refers to a sentimental longing for the past?
3. The author describes "the past" as a life sentence and uses what metaphor to describe it in Chapter 5?
(a) "A sharp arrow shooting backward."
(b) "A blunt instrument aimed at tomorrow."
(c) "A pillow where you lay your head."
(d) "A car rolling down a mountain."
4. What does the author claim "the destination" is in Chapter 5?
5. When was Patricia Williams's The Alchemy of Race and Rights: The Diary of a Law Professor published?
Short Answer Questions
1. The author concludes Chapter 3 by saying that what "shouldn't be an ambition"?
2. Where is the film Beau Travail set?
3. What does the author describe metaphorically in Chapter 5 as "well-oiled doors opening and closing between intention, gesture"?
4. What word in Chapter 4 refers to a contemplative person?
5. What does the author describe the passenger in her car telling her in Chapter 1?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)