|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the world say about memory and the past, according to the author in Chapter 4?
(a) To forget it.
(b) To question it.
(c) To embrace it.
(d) To analyze it.
2. What does the "woman with multiple degrees" say she didn't know black women could get, in Chapter 3?
(d) The flu.
3. What tennis tournament have the Williams sisters boycotted since 2001?
(a) The Indian Wells Masters.
(b) The ATP World Tour Finals.
(c) The Miami Open.
(d) The Madrid Open.
4. What word from Chapter 5 refers to a state of being pleasantly lost in one's thoughts?
5. What does the author claim "the destination" is in Chapter 5?
Short Answer Questions
1. How old does the author describe the school girl in Chapter 1?
2. What radio host is cited by the author in Chapter 3 for insulting a women's basketball team with racist slurs in Chapter 3?
3. What does the real estate woman repeatedly say to the author's friend when she is showing the author her house in Chapter 3?
4. Whom did Serena Williams play in her semifinal matchup in the 2004 Women's U.S. Open?
5. Rankine writes in Chapter 5, "You could build a world out of need or you could" do what?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)