Chapters 1 – 2
1. Who wrote the following quotation that opens the book: "If they don't see happiness in the picture, at least they'll see the black"?
(a) Sherman James.
(b) Chris Marker.
(c) Zora Neale Hurston.
(d) Glenn Ligon.
2. In Chapter 1, the author begins with the statement, "When you are alone and too tired even to turn on any of your devices, you let yourself linger in" what?
(a) "A past stacked among your pillows."
(b) "A desperation that you cannot name."
(c) "Your memory, vessel of your feelings."
(d) "A white cloud of rain."
3. How old does the author describe the school girl in Chapter 1?
4. Where does the school girl attend school in Chapter 1?
(a) The School for the Blind.
(b) The Sts. Philip and James School.
(c) The PS 242.
(d) The St. Edwards School.
5. Where is the school described as being located in Chapter 1?
(a) On Jackson Street.
(b) On White Plains Road.
(c) On Broadway.
(d) On Steinway Street.
This section contains 4,527 words
(approx. 16 pages at 300 words per page)