|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What fatal wound does Magdalena suffer in the book?
(a) Her throat is slit.
(b) She is strangled.
(c) She is stabbed in the chest.
(d) She is shot in the head.
2. Where is the first bad gash John Grady suffers during the knife fight with Eduardo?
(a) His arm.
(b) His stomach.
(c) His leg.
(d) His chest.
3. What is the name of the cafe John Grady plans for Magdalena to go to in order to escape the White Lake?
(a) El Diego Spieto.
(b) La Calle de Noche Triste.
(c) La Ville en Rue.
(d) El Patron de Pastille.
4. What does Magdalena do when a woman offers to help her from going back to the White Lake in Chapter 3?
(a) She goes to her home.
(b) She refuses.
(c) She yells at her.
(d) She hits the woman.
5. What date does John Grady tell Mac he wants to get married?
(a) April 29.
(b) September 8.
(c) March 5.
(d) February 17.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Mac say is about to commandeer his land in the Epilogue?
2. What do the cowboys use to track the animals that were killing on their ranch in Chapter 3?
3. What does John Grady do just before going to meet the blind piano player in Chapter 3?
4. Who wakes up Billy to tell him about John Grady killing Eduardo?
5. What does Mac give John Grady as a wedding gift for Magdalena?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Billy survive when he travels to New Mexico in the epilogue?
2. How is Eduardo killed?
3. What is the nature of the information John Grady tells Billy just before he dies?
4. Why does the blind man refuse John Grady's request that he be Magdalena's godfather?
5. How do John Grady and Billy find a litter of puppies that are trapped on the mesa?
6. How are John Grady and Billy able to coerce their horses to go to the top of the mesa?
7. How does John Grady discover that Magdalena has died?
8. What is the nature of the blind man's response to John Grady when he asks him to pray for him?
9. How does John Grady describe Magdalena's escape plan to her?
10. How is John Grady's renovations on his new house described?
This section contains 724 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)