|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Billy do with John Grady's body after he dies?
(a) Hugs him.
(b) Covers him with a blanket.
(c) Cries over him.
(d) Carries him out of the clubhouse.
2. What do the cowboys find has been getting killed in Chapter 3?
3. Where does the stranger Billy meets in the Epilogue say he went to just before waking up?
(a) A ranch.
(b) A circus.
(c) An abandoned camp.
(d) A forest.
4. Which of the following things does John Grady not tell Billy about just before dying?
(a) Where his pistol was.
(b) His parents.
(c) Where his money was.
(d) Where Mac's wedding ring was.
5. What does the person that helps Magdalena when she has a seizure with a customer in Chapter 3 use to prevent her from biting her tongue?
(a) His hands.
(b) A carrot.
(c) His belt.
(d) A spoon.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following places does John Grady not go in search of Magdalena after she does not arrive with the driver he hired to help her escape the White Lake?
2. Where is John Grady's second severe cut at on his body during his knife fight with Eduardo?
3. What does Billy go to retrieve for John Grady only to find him dead upon his return?
4. Who wakes up Billy to tell him about John Grady killing Eduardo?
5. Who tells John Grady that Eduardo will kill Magdalena if she leaves him in Chapter 3?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Magdalena end up in a hospital?
2. How is Eduardo killed?
3. What is the nature of Billy's conversation with a police officer after discovering Magdalena was dead?
4. How is Billy described when he is first seen in 2002?
5. How are John Grady and Billy able to save the litter of puppies they find trapped on the mesa?
6. Why does the blind man refuse John Grady's request that he be Magdalena's godfather?
7. How does Magdalena react when a woman offers to help her after she escapes from the hospital?
8. How is John Grady and Eduardo's knife fight described?
9. What is the nature of the information John Grady tells Billy just before he dies?
10. How is the dream of a stranger described to Billy in the epilogue?
This section contains 780 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)