|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the house John Grady acquires for him and Magdalena near in the book?
(a) Autumn Ridge.
(b) Polly Lane.
(c) Bell Springs.
(d) Sunflower Falls.
2. What does Mr. Johnson say a bandit set on fire that caused a stampede in Chapter 2?
(a) A dog.
(c) A barn.
(d) A cat.
3. How much does John Grady get when he sells his horse?
4. Who tells John Grady he is crazy for wanting to marry Magdalena?
5. What do the men take their dogs on a hunt for in Chapter 2?
(d) Mountain lions.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the relationship between Mr. Johnson and Mac?
2. How long does John Grady sit with a person he finds wandering outside talking to himself in Chapter 2?
3. What does Billy tell John Grady he is after returning from his first meeting with Eduardo?
4. What does Eduardo refer to Magdalena as when Billy meets him for the first time?
5. What is the relationship between Mr. Johnson and Margaret?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is John Grady able to find the location of the young Mexican girl he first saw at the beginning of the book?
2. How does Mac choose his horses at the auction he attends in Chapter 2?
3. What is the nature of the conversation John Grady has with a blind man at the end of Chapter 1?
4. What happens when John Grady goes to a hotel at the beginning of Chapter 2?
5. How does Billy describe a fight between his brother Johnny and their father before his brother's death?
6. What do we learn about Billy's experience with World War II near the beginning of the book?
7. How is the cowboy's dog hunt for mountain lions described in the book?
8. How does Troy describe a long drive he once took in the desert?
9. How does Billy react when John Grady tells him he wishes to marry Magdalena?
10. What is Billy's reaction when John Grady tells him the girl he likes lives at the White Lake whore house?
This section contains 722 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)