|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did Billy's brother get into a fight with before going off to war?
(a) His father.
(c) His mother.
(d) John Grady.
2. What is the house John Grady acquires for him and Magdalena near in the book?
(a) Polly Lane.
(b) Autumn Ridge.
(c) Sunflower Falls.
(d) Bell Springs.
3. What is the horse that was found lame at Mac's farm have his hoof stuffed with to make it appear normal?
4. What is the relationship between Mr. Johnson and Margaret?
(a) Husband and wife.
(b) Brother and sister.
(d) Father and daughter.
5. What is the message Magdalena sends to John Grady at the beginning of Chapter 2?
(a) Not to forget her.
(b) Asks for money.
(c) Begs him to love her.
(d) To forget about her.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does John Grady sit with a person he finds wandering outside talking to himself in Chapter 2?
2. What does Eduardo refer to Magdalena as when Billy meets him for the first time?
3. What does John Grady do when he is offered work by a man on another farm in Chapter 1?
4. How many times does John Grady go back to the whorehouse looking for the girl he first saw at the beginning of the book?
5. What is the name of the man the men at Mac's ranch have a rivalry with?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is John Grady and Mac's game of chess described in Chapter 1?
2. How does Mr. Johnson describe a stampede he once dealt with to John Grady in Chapter 2?
3. How is the house at Bell Springs first described in the book?
4. What does John Grady do when he finds Mr. Johnson wandering around in the middle of the night in Chapter 2?
5. What is the nature of Billy's request from Eduardo the first time they meet?
6. What is the nature of the conversation John Grady has with a blind man at the end of Chapter 1?
7. What do we learn about Billy's experience with World War II near the beginning of the book?
8. How does Billy react when John Grady tells him he wishes to marry Magdalena?
9. How is John Grady able to find the location of the young Mexican girl he first saw at the beginning of the book?
10. What happens when a man brings his horse to be trained at Mac's ranch in Chapter 1?
This section contains 776 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)