|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much does John Grady plan on paying Eduardo for Magdalena?
2. What is the house John Grady acquires for him and Magdalena near in the book?
(a) Polly Lane.
(b) Autumn Ridge.
(c) Bell Springs.
(d) Sunflower Falls.
3. Whose advice does Mac rely on most during the horse auction they attend?
(d) John Grady's.
4. Who does Magdalena claim will kill her and John Grady if they continue seeing each other in Chapter 2?
5. Who watches a game of chess between John Grady and Mac in Chapter 2?
Short Answer Questions
1. How old does Magdalena tell John Grady she was when she was first sold as a young girl?
2. What is the name of the fort Billy and Troy arrive at in Chapter 1?
3. What does John Grady insist Mr. Johnson is not when someone tells him to not spend much time with the old man?
4. What is the relationship between Troy and Elton in the book?
5. What is the name of Billy's brother that died in the war?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the nature of John Grady and Mr. Johnson's first conversation in the book?
2. How does Magdalena tell John Grady she came to be a whore?
3. What happens when John Grady goes to a hotel at the beginning of Chapter 2?
4. How is John Grady able to find the location of the young Mexican girl he first saw at the beginning of the book?
5. What is the nature of Billy's request from Eduardo the first time they meet?
6. What does Troy say he is thinking about doing while on a long drive with Billy near the beginning of the book?
7. How is John Grady's attempts at taming a wild horse at the beginning of the book described?
8. How does Troy describe a long drive he once took in the desert?
9. What happens when a man brings his horse to be trained at Mac's ranch in Chapter 1?
10. How is the cowboy's dog hunt for mountain lions described in the book?
This section contains 751 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)