|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who believes there is a litter of puppies hidden in the mesa and wants to find them?
(a) John Grady.
2. Who tells John Grady that Eduardo will kill Magdalena if she leaves him in Chapter 3?
(c) The blind piano player.
3. Where does a young boy take John Grady after finding him in an alley after murdering Eduardo?
(a) A hospital.
(b) His house.
(c) Mac's house.
(d) A clubhouse he made.
4. What does Billy do with John Grady's body after he dies?
(a) Covers him with a blanket.
(b) Cries over him.
(c) Carries him out of the clubhouse.
(d) Hugs him.
5. Who does John Grady ask to be Magdalena's godfather in the book?
(c) The blind piano player.
6. What does the stranger Billy meets in the Epilogue say he was traveling through in a dream?
(a) An ocean.
(c) The desert.
(d) The forest.
7. What does Magdalena do when a woman offers to help her from going back to the White Lake in Chapter 3?
(a) She yells at her.
(b) She refuses.
(c) She hits the woman.
(d) She goes to her home.
8. What state does Billy travel to at the very end of the book?
(c) New Mexico.
9. Who does a Mexican police officer tell Billy say he does not answer to when he visits them in Chapter 4?
(a) White men.
10. What happens when the cowboys tie ropes around the necks of the animals responsible for killing on their ranch in Chapter 3?
(a) They put them in a cage.
(b) The purposefully kill them.
(c) They accidentally break their necks.
(d) They throw them off a mountain.
11. What is the term used for the woman who is paid to take care of the girls at the White Lake?
(a) A triste.
(b) A pieta.
(c) A noche.
(d) A criada.
12. Where does John Grady end up finding Magdalena after she does not arrive with the driver he hired to help her escape the White Lake?
(a) A church.
(b) The White Lake.
(c) The hospital.
(d) The morgue.
13. What is the name of the driver John Grady hires to help Magdalena escape the White Lake?
(a) Peter Rickman.
(b) Alan Parson.
(c) Ramon Gutierrez.
(d) Henry James.
14. What does Magdalena do when she finds herself in a hospital in the book?
(a) Decides to stay.
(b) Goes insane.
(d) Sneaks out.
15. Who wakes up Billy to tell him about John Grady killing Eduardo?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the man that John Grady asks to be Magdalena's godfather respond to this request in the book?
2. Which cowboys are the only ones to make their horses go to the top of the mesa while tracking animals in Chapter 3?
3. How long does John Grady spend fixing up the house for he and Magdalena to live in?
4. Where does Billy go after confronting Eduardo about Magdalena's murder?
5. Where does John Grady tell Billy he didn't want to go to if Magdalena wouldn't be there?
This section contains 525 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)