|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of area are the wild animals responsible for killing on the ranch found in Chapter 3?
(a) The desert.
(b) A hay field.
(c) A river bank.
(d) A mountain range.
2. Where is the first bad gash John Grady suffers during the knife fight with Eduardo?
(a) His stomach.
(b) His chest.
(c) His leg.
(d) His arm.
3. Where does the stranger Billy meets in the Epilogue say he went to just before waking up?
(a) A ranch.
(b) A circus.
(c) An abandoned camp.
(d) A forest.
4. Which of the following things does John Grady not tell Billy about just before dying?
(a) Where his money was.
(b) Where his pistol was.
(c) His parents.
(d) Where Mac's wedding ring was.
5. Who claims the fattest puppy of the litter after they are saved on the mesa?
(a) John Grady.
6. Who helps Magdalena when she has a seizure while she is with a customer in Chapter 3?
(c) John Grady.
7. Which of the following places does John Grady not go in search of Magdalena after she does not arrive with the driver he hired to help her escape the White Lake?
(a) The Venada.
(b) The Moderno.
(c) The White Lake.
(d) Calle de Noche Triste.
8. How does the man that John Grady asks to be Magdalena's godfather respond to this request in the book?
(a) He agrees.
(b) He says he will think about it.
(c) He refuses.
(d) He says he would if she were younger.
9. What do the cowboys find has been getting killed in Chapter 3?
10. Where do the men find a litter of puppies hidden in the mesa?
(a) Under a barn.
(b) In a cave.
(c) Under a large rock.
(d) Under a tree.
11. What does Billy go to retrieve for John Grady only to find him dead upon his return?
(a) A doctor.
(b) Some bandages.
12. Who does John Grady ask to be Magdalena's godfather in the book?
(c) The blind piano player.
13. Where does Magdalena wake up after having a seizure in a cab in Chapter 3?
(a) John Grady's house.
(b) Mac's house.
(c) A hospital.
(d) The White Lake.
14. What does John Grady wrap around his arm during his knife fight with Eduardo?
(a) A blanket.
(b) Magdalena's scarf.
(c) A pair of pants.
(d) His slicker.
15. What does John Grady do just before going to meet the blind piano player in Chapter 3?
(a) Pawns his watch.
(b) Gets a haircut.
(c) Has dinner.
(d) Gets his shoe shined.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who tells John Grady that he will not pray for him and Magdalena in Chapter 3?
2. What do the cowboys use to track the animals that were killing on their ranch in Chapter 3?
3. Who confronts Magdalena about whether or not John Grady knows she is sick in Chapter 3?
4. Who leaves Mac's ranch in the Epilogue?
5. What do the men use along with their horse to free the puppies from being trapped in the book?
This section contains 496 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)